45| Jimin

Lunch came by painfully slow. 

Jimin was a nervous wreck once the bell rang and he was finally able to head to his locker to meet his soulmate.

Soulmate

His soulmate. 

Min Yoongi. 

The small boy shook his head as butterflies roamed around his stomach. Aish!!!

This needed to stop. Those freaking butterflies needed to freaking leave! 

He walked out of his lecture with a deep frown, eyes focussing the ground.

YG: "Jimin! You ready to go?"

Jimin flinched hard, his hands shooting up over his head in a protective manner, eyes firmly shut. Yoongi's heart clenched at the sight, and Jimin felt it right away. He opened his eyes and saw the hurt expression on his hyung's face, so he quickly collected himself and felt his face burn up.  

JM: "S-Sorry... um... about that. Yeah, let's... let's go." 

Yoongi exhaled and went to walk next to the boy. They quietly made their way out of the building, seemingly heading towards the cafeteria. 

Jimin was as nervous as can be. He fiddled with the straps of his backpack, not daring to even glance the older's way. But he felt what his soulmate was feeling. 

He felt the faint stinging sensation in his chest.
He felt the soreness of the older's throat. 

It was a different kind of soreness, yet he was sure that his soulmate must've been crying as well. He must've been. He was in so much pain last night, Jimin didn't know how he could've not cried. 

When Yoongi's shoulder bumped into his, he inhaled a sharp breath but ignored it, for he only thought it must've been unintentional. 

When his soulmate bumped into him once again, a touch stronger this time, he finally looked up into his hyung's eyes. 

YG: "So... what do you wanna eat? It's on me."

Jimin's mouth gaped open and he shook his head violently. He didn't even realize that they had already arrived and stood in line. He looked around with wide eyes, immediately wanting to disappear. He felt like everybody was watching him. And, well... everybody was.

Jimin didn't know about what happened a day prior, so didn't know why all those people were looking at the two of them that way. To say he didn't like the way they were staring would be an understatement, and Yoongi noticed right away. Not only did he see how wobbly Jimin seemed on his feet, he also felt him slowly panicking.  

Jimin's heart beat violently in his chest as he reconnected with Yoongi's eyes. 

JM: "Y-You don't have to do this, hyung! I--"

YG: "Jimin. Drop the honorifics and just call me Yoongi. I wanna treat my soulmate, so just suck it up and order something." 

Jimin swallowed and nodded reluctantly. He hated other people watching him. He hated other people treating him. He was perfectly able to pay for himself, but he didn't want to seem annoying. So he just ordered a sandwich and a small bottle of water. 

Y: "That's it?"

When Jimin didn't give an answer, Yoongi gave him an uncertain glance.

Y: "Alright, a small lunch it is, then."

Yoongi ordered another sandwich and an iced americano to go. That caught Jimin's attention. 

JM: "We're not eating here?"