Chapter 13

I stepped out of the black Audi and onto a black carpet that went all the way the stairs and to the main doors. The driver closed the car door behind me. I hugged my clutch to my stomach as I walked up the stairs to the front door and walked through. As I step in I was greeted by laughter and people staring at me. I walked through the room looking for my parents and found them talking to a group of business people. As I approach the group my mom was the first one to turn around.

"Oh Elena you finally made! Oh look how beautiful you look dear." My mother said she gave me a tight hug and smiled at me. I smiled back at her.

"Mom have you seen Matthew?" I asked her.

"Um last I saw him, he was outside on the balcony talking to some people." she said, my mom point over to the balcony and I walked over to the door and walked outside. I stayed close to the door looking for Matthew and I found him. He was a black slim fitting suit, with a white button down shirt, and black skinny tie. His hair was slick back. He was talking to a group of men when he finally looked up at me. I walked over to him and he stopped talking to them. When I finally reached him his right hand grasp my lower back.

"Gentlemen I would you to meet someone very important to me. This beautiful woman is my fiancé Elena Robinson." he said with a smile. I looked at the men and them a small wave and they smiled back at me.

"Whoa that's a big step for you Matt. I didn't even know you were even seeing someone! How did you manage to get this guy to settle down with you?" One guy said he had blond hair and grey eyes. He had to be around our age. I cleared my throat and spoke.

"I don't know. It wasn't easy to get him to settle down, I still don't think he is ready to settle down yet. I have to keep a tight leash on him." I said smiling at the men. Matthew caressed my lower back and he continued to rub lower grasping my butt lightly. I jumped a little and moved his hand up to the middle of my back.

"Gentlemen I'm sorry but I must steal my lovely fiancé away." Matthew said. Matthew walked us back into the house, upstairs into a dark room. He cut the lights on and it looked like we were in a guess room.

"You look beautiful tonight!" Matthew said turning around and looking at me

"Thanks! You look handsome too!" I said looking down at my hands, Matthew cleared his throat and spoke again.

"I didn't think you were going to show up, you kind of showed up late." he said

"Yeah I know, I was nervous! So I sat in the car for 30 minutes debating if I should actually get out the car or not. But I wanted to make our family happy and not screw anything up for anyone." I said, I walked over to the bed and sat down and he followed me and did the same.

"I actually want to talk about what happen this morning between us. That kiss that happen... I don't know what came over me I was just so happy that you agree to come tonight! I know you want to take things slow and I should have not done that and I am sorry for kissing you." he finally finished talking and looked at me waiting for me to answer him. I looked at him taking everything in and I finally opened my mouth to speak.

"Uhm its ok you don't have to apologize for that. I guess you can say we both wanted it because we didn't stop. But that doesn't change anything between us." I finally said, Matthew looked at me with confusion in his eyes.

"Wait what?" he asked

"We cant do that again! I know you want to try and work this out but I don't think I want to Matthew. I'll stay in the guess room and you'll stay in your room, the only time we go out together is when we have an event to go. Or to see our parents together. All of this is too much for me to handle and still trying to get use to us getting married in a few months. So tonight I'll play the good fiancé and support you and be affectionate towards you but that's it." I said I got up and walked out the room and back downstairs to the party.

I made my decision about my relationship with Matt and I was going to keep it the way it was. Simply an arrangement between us and nothing else.