Shortly Taller

He drove me home safely. It was amazing that movies became a bridge for both of us to start getting close. It seems like he loves watching movies too just the way as I am. Eric is one interesting person. The way I listened to his random perspectives, I realized that no one else would ever see things the way he does.

"Thank you for the good talk Professor." I teased him as he removed my seatbelt for me.

"Anytime! Let's catch up soon." He said and pulled the hand break of his car while he left the engine humming while the lights were still open.

Yaku's waiting patiently at the staircase as it wagged its tail wildly at the sight of his master. Laura's beaming to see me. She rushed by my side and asked Eric a bunch of questions about what happened in the hospital and how the trip was and he politely explained every detail.

"Kris, I'll be going. I still need to prepare an exam for tomorrow." Eric pulled the strings of his hoodie as he told me and gritted his teeth like a kid who would still like to play but can't.

"Oh, okay. Alright. Thank you too." I can't even give him a proper return of gratitude.

He untied Yaku's leash and started walking towards the Villa's gate when he stopped and turned back running to me and handed me a metallic black mp3 player.

"About the nightmares, it will help a little if you listen to music as you sleep." And he left me and run away just like that, disappearing like a ninja or maybe I am too tired to figure out. Laura was kind enough to get my bag from me and I went straight to my room to charge up.

I didn't bother to open the lights anymore, since the lights from the garden shines through the curtains well enough. I detached my earphones from my own mp3 player and plugged it to what Eric lent me. I laid my right elbow on a pillow as I sank on my bed and pushed the power on.

It was that serenading sound from the clarinet that served as the main highlight playing on each track. The music of the instrument was accompanied by clear minus-one background audios. It felt so relaxing that my head swung easily, calming my heart naturally like a lullaby.

I woke up with a loud knocking sound on my door and voices arguing outside my room.

"Sshhhh! Don't wake her up! Let's wait until she gets up on her own!" a tight whispering scream said.

"What makes her sleep until two o'clock in the afternoon? Is that even normal? She hasn't taken lunch yet! I asked Laura about it and she needs to take her medicine now!" nagged another voice.

Then the knocking continued. I'm sure that the other one is Dongwan and the gentle one sounded more like another familiar person. I just can't seem to think of his name yet. I noticed that the afternoon sun light is touching my face through the open patterns of the curtain and I needed to get up.

As I got down from my bed and tried to pull myself together, I really tried my best to fight back with my laziness. With a slouched back and eyes almost half opened, I tried my best to walk towards the door when all of a sudden I jumped by surprise when I accidentally stepped on something squishy. It was Minwoo's baby panda stuffed toy! It might have fallen last night when I grabbed clothes from the paper bag. It spoke as soon as I hit a trigger inside.

"Hello my princess!" said the stuffed toy with Minwoo's voice clearly recorded on it. I picked it and rested it on one of my pillows.

"She's up! Did you hear that? I heard my voice! She played my message via the pandaaa!" Minwoo sounded so happy outside.

I didn't even bother to look on the mirror when I opened the door. Both of them seemed to be not so surprised with my bare face but they cannot help but to laugh loud as soon as they saw me. They looked like two happy kids with those teasing faces. They are even shortly taller than I expected. I tried to remember why I always see them that way when they are entirely taller than me, and I suddenly realized that maybe it's because their pals are all standing giants except for Andy who stands in the middle when it comes to the height bracket.