𝐢𝐢𝐢

...8 hours until dawn...

a message from the dead

Katy sat around the table with Chris, Ashley, and Josh. Chris looked at the three of them "So it says here: "to communicate with the spirit world you must free your mind of all preconceptions, drop all inhibitions, and generally give yourself over entirely to the will of others, sublimating your every desire to the whims of the Spirit-master," which is me--" he explained.

"It doesn't say that." Ashley interrupted.

Chris ignored her "And all present will remove their garments at my sole discretion," Chris continued.

Josh sighed, leaning back into his chair "Chris, come on, this is serious." Josh said.

Katy looked at Chris "Oh I'm deadly serious." Chris said in a mocking voice.

"Shush." Katy demanded, "Let's uh try it."

Chris nodded, the four of them placed their hands on the counter. "Okay then, let's see what happens. Ashley, you're a recent convert you give it a try."

Ashley looked up at Chris "Okay um. Is anyone there? Will you show yourselves if you are there?" Ashley asked.

Katy watched the counter move "The hell?" She questioned.

"Woah!" Chris exclaimed.

"Did you do that?" Josh asked.

"No, I didn't do anything!" Ashley defended. "Help?"

"How're we supposed to help?" Chris asked.

"I don't know? What does it mean." Ashley inquired.

Chris looked over at the two siblings "We need to know who if we're supposed to help them." He suggested.

"Yeah. Ash ask who it is." Katy told her.

Ashley sighed nervously. "Okay. Who are you?" She clarified.

Katy again watched the counter move "It's moving again!" Chris said excitedly.

"Woah," Josh mumbled.

"Sis?" Chris questioned, but it kept moving.

"Sister." Josh finished.

"Oh my god," Ashley said, slightly frightened in her voice.

"Shit." Josh cursed.

"What the hell?" Katy questioned.

"Whose sister?" Josh asked.

"Oh come on is this for real?" Chris asked.

"Josh..." Katy started.

"Josh it has to be." Ashley finished.

"Yeah? Okay? Ask if what sister then." Josh demanded.

"Ashley ask which one," Katy told her.

"Who are we speaking to? Hannah? Is that you?" Ashley asked. The counter moved to yes. "Oh god."