𝐢𝐱

...2 hours until dawn...

tunnel

Katy followed Sam with the rest of the group Come on guys! Hurry up! We gotta find Mike. Come on," Sam commanded.

They kept walking for a while until Chris stopped "Hey... ahhh... I'm kinda gimping out here, guys... I think maybe you should go on without me." He said.

"No. Chris. We are not leaving you. We're sticking together. Mike will just have to wait." Ashley insisted.

"Yeah Chris, it's probably best if we stick together." Katy agreed. Chris nodded and kept walking with the group.

"Sam are you okay? Katy asked.

"I'm fine, just worried about Mike is all," Sam admitted. "Oh shit. Mike must have locked it behind him. CRAP! There's gotta be another way in,"

Ashley starts looking around "Hey uh. What about this?" She asked, looking at a manhole.

Sam quickly walked over to Ashley "Oh... huh?" Sam said.

"I mean, should... should we try it?" Ashley asked.

"Well it's not like we got a whole lot of choices here..." Sam admitted. Ashley grabs a pipe and opens the manhole with it. Katy and Sam move it to the side.

"So who's going first?" Sam asked.

"Ha," Ashley said.

"After you," Emily said quickly.

Katy just a bit down on her lip "Be careful," Katy said.

Emily went in after and then Katy. "Chris... I know you're hurt but you gotta move it, alright?" Ashley told him.

"I'm tryin' Ash," Chris said and climbed down, wincing.

Ashley followed Chris down "Hey... um... we should close this, right?" Ashley asked.

Everyone turned to her. "Huh?" Sam asked.

"I mean what if something's following us?" Ashley pointed out.

"Yes, fine. Close it. But we gotta keep moving. Can you just catch up? Please?" Sam said, already rushing off. The group left Ashley behind as they continued through the tunnels.

"Maybe we shouldn't of left Ash behind," Katy said.

"We have to find Mike." Sam insisted, "She'll be fine."

Katy turned to look at Chris, who was still struggling. "You okay?" Katy asked.

"Hurts like hell." Chris mumbled, "But I'll make it."

The group stops in front of a large cliff but hears someone behind them. They all turn quickly to see Ashley "Oh my god I am so glad to see you." Ashley said.

"Glad you're safe," Sam mumbled, they all looked at the dead end.

"The ladder's toast, we're never going to make it up there!" Ashley pointed out.

Sam sighed "No no no, I think I can... I think I can do it. It's like... a rock wall. I'm gonna keep going. You should head back to the lodge I've gotta get Mike." Sam said.

"I'm going with you." Katy insisted.

"No Kat please." Sam said "I'll be fine."

Katy shook her head "I'm coming." She repeated.

Sam nodded slowly "Okay fine."

"Good luck," Ashley said, and then she, Emily, and Chris all turned around to leave.

Sam sighed, looking at the wall "Hopefully you're good at climbing." She said.
Sam and Katy begin to climb the rock wall. Sam leaps "Come on." She grunted. She set her foot on a rock and grabbed ahold of a broken structure.

Katy follows exactly what Sam did. They both jump to the ledge and grab ahold of it. They pull themselves up. "Piece of cake." Katy joked, wiping her forehead.

Sam smiled "We beat you. We fuckin' beat you." Sam mumbled, looking down.

The two girls turn around to see a hold on the wall with a metal door "Uhh okay then." Katy said. Katy and Sam both dropdown.

They reach a dark path. "Hello?" Sam questioned. Sam and Katy reach a bend and the spirit of the wendigo appears. They both attempt to open the gate but fail. Sam quickly grabs a shovel next to her "Yeah that's right!" She uses the shovel to open the gate.

"Come on Sam you can do it," Katy said and Sam opens the gate and the girls approach the metal door. The girls take a right up the stairs.

Rocks fall and destroy the steps they used "Ah! Jesus!" Katy yelled.

Something made a noise "What was that?" Sam asked quietly.

They continue walking and a rock falls again, except in front of them. They both quickly make the jump of the gap. "Fuck!" Katy shrieked. "Jesus. Shit."

Sam sighs "Seriously?" She questions looking at the broken steps. The girls suddenly hear a loud screech and Sam grabs a pipe. "Cmon let's go!"

The two girls dropped down quickly. Mike bursts into the room with a burning Wendigo. "Goddammit! Stay out of there!" Mike yells as the Wendigo jumps at him.

"Mike!" Katy yelled.

"Holy shit! Hey!! FATTY! OVER HERE!!" Sam yelled the Wendigo looked at her, Sam hits it with the pipe.

Mike slams the door shut, locking it. "Holy fuck nuggets." He mumbled. "Whoa. You alright?"

"Uh define alright?" Sam joked.

"Alive for a start," Mike said.

"Yeah. Alive is good." Katy added.

"The hell are you doing here, anyway?" Mike asked.

"I was gonna warn you about the Wendigos," Sam responded.

"I think I got it," Mike said.

"Yeah..." Katy mumbled.

"Let's find a way down to where this fucker lives," Mike suggested. Sam, Mike, and Katy leave.

A/N hey guys! This was a shorter chapter but I'm trying to finish this story today so expect the finale today and plus an announcement of my next story.