Transboo & transTubbo

Start from the beginning

I mentally scolded myself for not thinking this whole coming out thing through as I pulled my shirt over my head. I looked into the mirror at my binder, "hmm..." I hummed, contemplating what to do now, the flight over was around 7 hours, and adding up from the time I woke up and now... "that would mean..." I counted mentally, "about... uhhhhhhh 13 maybe 14 hours?"

Bruh.

I let out a long exaggerated sigh, "brrruuhhhhh" I repeated aloud, "I have to tell him don't I? Like I was going to but..." I paused for a second, "am I even ready?"

Everything seemed to disappear at that moment as everything started to go a million miles a minute, my thoughts speed running faster than Dream.

'What if this ruins our friendship? What if he doesn't accept me?? I don't have enough money to fly back yet! I could stay at Tommy's? But that would feel so intrusive...' I looked in the mirror again, seemingly back into reality, leaving my spiral behind, 'no. I can't spiral now. I need to do this. If he doesn't accept me then...' I sighed, I hated thinking this way, 'then I guess he's not a good friend.' I hated those words. I hated that I even thought those words.

"Wait. No why wouldn't he. He's the best, he's so kind and accepting. I'm sure that if I explained it to him then he will understand." I whispered to myself, I took off my binder and threw it on the bed before putting my xxxxl hoodie on. "Oh dysphoria hoodie. My saviour." I smiled to myself.

I changed into a comfortable pair of pants before grabbing a pillow and hugging it to hide my chest and heading downstairs.

Tubbos pov:
"Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh" I quietly panicked.
"I'm gunna do it I'm gunna do it." I repeated over and over, I took a deep breath in, "alright Tubbo. Deep breaths. You've waited so long to tell someone, and now you have the chance to do it face to face! You can't ruin this!" I pep talked myself.

Ranboo was upstairs getting ready, I just ordered us a pizza and I planned to tell him before we started watching a movie.

"Hmm he's taking an awfully long time." I pondered, looking over to the stairs, "lol sus" I giggled before turning my attention back to setting up. Grabbing plates, blankets and pillows and taking them to the living room.

I turned my attention to the direction of faint footsteps entering the room, a tall dirty blonde poked his head into the room slightly. He looked nervous, why did he look so nervous?

Ranboos pov:

The other watched as I internally panicked hoping it wouldn't show, oh boy was I wrong.

"Hey Ranboo? You good boss man?" He asked, head tilted slightly. God I love when he calls me things like that, the euphoria is overwhelming.

"Y-yeah." I accidentally stuttered, he definitely noticed, "um. I need to... I need to uhhh"
'Just frickity frackin do it Ranboo!'
"I need to talk to you about something." I finally spoke.

Tubbos concerned eyes, turned into calmer more inviting ones, he smiled and sat down on the sofa, patting the empty spot next to him, "of course Ranboo! Anything! I'm here for you whatever you need, you are a guest in my household." He spoke proudly.

I generously sat next to him on the blanket and pillow covered seating, I curled up and leaned into the embrace of the soft fabrics, still clutching onto the pillow infront of my chest.

He sat and waited patiently for me to explain my, well, odd behaviour.

"Um.. so I-I uhhh..." god I didn't think this through at all, "I think you should know... since I'll be here for a while.." I started to explain, he just continued to watch and listen as I spoke, "a-and uh..." I paused for a moment, why wouldn't the words come??

It's so simple! Just 2 simple little words. I'm transgender. That's it that's all you need to say. Why can't I say it??? Why is it so difficult. WHY AM I SHAKING SO MUCH RIGHT NOW??

(Yall I've come out 3 times already and even I'm shaking while writing this haha yall what-)

"Don't worry Ranboo." Tubbos soft words calmed me, "just take your time, no need to rush it."

I took a long deep shaky breath in.

And exhaled.

That breath felt like the longest breath I will and have ever taken in my entire life.

"I'm trans." I managed to tell him without stuttering, it took everything to even get out an 'I'm' let alone a whole 'transgender' I had to stop at 'trans' before breaking down. His eyes widened in shock, his jaw dropped.

"THATS NOT FAIR! HOW ARE YOU TALLER THAN ME?!" He screamed, pointing an accusing finger at my face.

I could only blink in shock, any words that tried to leave my mouth only came out as confused and untranslatable sounds of pure shock.

'What-'

Tubbos pov:

"I CANT BELIEVE THIS!" I grinned so wide my eyes only appeared as small slits, "DUDE THIS MAKES EVERYTHING SO MUCH EASIER!!" I screamed in joy.

'Ranboo is trans! This is great news, well not really, being trans sucks a lot. But I'm so proud of him for telling me! And I'm glad he trusts me enough! BUT ITS GREAT BECAUSE NOW I CAN TELL HIM AND I KNOW HE WILL BE ACCEPTING AND WE CAN TALK SMACK ABOUT DYSPHORIA AND JOKE ABOUT ALL YHE NEGATIVE PARTS WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER AND-'

I noticed the boys flustered and confused face, "ohhhh wait that must have been confusing for you." I laughed.

I grabbed the other boys hands and spoke, "Ranboo I am so proud of you for coming out, I'm so glad that you trust me enough to tell me something like this, I know it's hard. I fully support you and you will always be Ranboo to me, nothing has changed." I spoke truthfully, I could see the tears sting the others eyes, "and also..." I continued, letting go of his hands and reaching for the collar of my shirt, the other gave me a confused yet intrigued look, I stretched the collar of my shirt to the side, almost up to the end of my shoulder, revealing the slightly mismatched skin toned strap sat atop my collar bone.

The other boys mouth was agape, "no way..." he almost whispered, his astonished expression then quickly turned into one of happiness mixed with relief, "no way!!" He repeated in a more joyous tone.

"Flabbergasted, I know" I dramatically pretended to flip my invisible hair back.
We both laughed at this.

"Wow..." he started, "what are the chances?"

"I know right. You totally fooled me. Never expected it." I replied, "I can usually spot a fellow trans person from miles away. It's like a superpower." I said proudly.

He laughed a little, "same. I really thought you were cis, you just pass so well."

I playfully scoffed at this, "dude no way! I'm so small!! Even my voice is higher than all of yours still!" I retorted in protest, faking a pout and crossing my arms.

We laughed and joked for a while, comparing either stupidly funny relatable stuff, or painfully relatable stuff that would just make us cringe. Both ended up with laughs.
It's great to have someone around that finally understands, you can have a cis person say that they understand the meaning, but they will never understand how it feels to experience this kind of specific discomfort within their own bodies. They will never be able to fully empathise with our situation.

Not like Ranboo can.

"YEAH! And then this Karen was like-"
Ding dong~
"OH! PIZZAS HERE!" I excitedly screamed, full of energy.
I grabbed the money and Ranboo followed behind to help take the pizzas.

This was going to be the best 3 months ever.