Episode 1, part one - The menkies ceremonies

TW: Sickness (because would it be a realistic depiction of high school theater without a main character getting sick on tech week?) Also anxiety/panic attacks

Summary: All scenes leading up to their performance at the menkies ceremony (which will be featured in part 2 of episode 1) with a lot of Redlyn fluff, some Portwell fluff and some Seblos angst

~

After two more successful shows it was safe to say everyone was exhausted but filled with that inevitable post show bittersweetness. For EJ, that bittersweetness was even stronger. The idea of their last performace this weekend at the menkies ceremonies possibly being his last show ever rung tight in his head. As it is, he already found himself constantly flipping through past program books in reminiscence ever since their matinee performance. He never thought the past two shows would've ended up his favorites as they were one of the few shows he's been in where he's stepped down to a supporting role.

He remembered being mad over having to understudy his former girlfriend's ex and watch her have to kiss him, a guy who walked in brand new to theater and walked out the lead. It's crazy how much everything has changed since then, how he had a new budding relationship with the girl he couldn't stand last semester and solid friendships with the newly wedged theater dorks that he used to say were here for the wrong reasons.

EJ secretly really hoped they would qualify for the disney trip because he wasn't ready to say goodbye to the people he'd grown so close to this year. He wanted to keep performing with them for as long as possible before entering the next chapter of his life for good.

~

Their leading lady unfortunately wasn't doing too well on the week of the show. She only had a lunch period every other day as it is due to her jam packed schedule and on Monday she was supposed to have a lunch period, but when she didn't show up to her usual spot the group started to get worried. Especially considering she had her AP Euro exam in the morning and they knew how hard she is on herself.

"You don't think she's still taking the exam do you? She hasn't answered any of my texts and she usually gets back to me really quickly"

Big Red said nervously

"She can't be, I finished an hour ago and I get extended time"

Seb answered

"Oh I forgot you were taking Euro too, how did it go?"

He replied

"I didn't think I did too bad but I'm also a history person so I might be a bit biased"

Big Red glanced around the cafeteria for a bit and then decided to take off considering he still couldn't find her and he was growing more and more concerned.

"I'm going to go look for her"

He said putting away his lunchbox and throwing his backpack around his shoulder

"Let me know if you find her and keep us updated"

EJ called after him to which he gave him nod of understanding

He wasn't too far off about his predictions on where to find her. He could hear a few sniffles from outside the door to the bomb shelter. He grabbed the handle and quickly realized it was locked on the outside, those gosh darn Caswell brains. He was left with no choice but to knock on the door and hope she would open it.

"Ash? It's me Biggie, can I come in?"

"Go away!"

Big Red took a step back, startled by her response before searching for his key ring. He vaguely remembered being given the keys to the bomb shelter as well as the stage when he became a part of the tech crew last semester. He tried 14 different keys on his large chain before finally figuring out which one was meant for the bomb shelter and making a mental note of it.