Prologue

Moonlight
Cameron, Alex, Meagan and Skylar are little kids around the ages of four

"Hey! I wanted the last donut!" Cameron yelled.

"Too bad! It's mine!" Alex yelled back.

Cameron growled and tackled Alex to the floor.

They rolled around on the floor, trying to pin the other down.

"Boys, what did I tell you about roughhousing!" William, Moonlight's Alpha, yelled at them, sternly.

"He started it!" Cam growled, accusingly.

"I wanted the last donut!" Alex growled back, defending.

"I don't care what happened. Just stop, go get ready. Our friends will be here soon," William concluded.

That made the boys excited knowing that Skylar and Meagan were coming. So they both ran upstairs, the donut argument forgotten.

***
Skylight

"Ooh we should paint our nails!" Meagan squealed.

"Eww gross," Skylar replied.

"You're no fun," Meagan pouted.

"Mama! Sky, won't be girly!" Meagan yelled.

"Honey, if she doesn't want to paint her nails, that's her decision," her mom replied.

Meagan continued to pout.

"Fine, just this time," Skylar said.

"Yay!" Meagan squealed.

"Stop doing that!" Skylar said annoyed, covering her ears.

"Alright girls, time to go!" Elliana, Skylight's Luna, exclaimed.

"Aww we didn't get to paint our nails," Meagan said, sadly.

"Don't you want to see the boys?" Elliana encouraged.

That made both girls run to the car without a second thought.

***
Moonlight

The sound of car doors shutting had the boys running outside. The girls got out of the car and they were enveloped in hugs by the boys.

"Eww cooties!" Meagan squealed and squeezed out.

"Don't worry, I love you both," Skylar whispered to the boys.

"Hey I heard that! Traitor!" Meagan growled lightly.

"You're the mean one, not me," Skylar said.

"Boys have cooties," Meagan said.

"I'll show you cooties," Alex said and licked her face.

"Oh my god! Gross!" Meagan screamed.

They all three laughed as Meagan pouted.

"Come on kids, let's go inside," Elliana told them.

The four of them rushed inside with the adults following.

The kids played in the living room as the adults went to the meeting room.

***
In the meeting room the four of them: William (Moonlight's Alpha), Evelyn (Moonlight's Luna), Theodore (Skylight's Alpha) and Elliana (Skylight's Luna) were discussing the Hunter pack. A pack who has been causing havoc and chaos across the werewolf community. They are worried of being attacked like all the other packs. Being allies they are working out a plan to stop them while protecting their own packs.

"What do we plan to do?" William asked the group.

"I don't know, they could be lurking in the shadows for all we know," Theodore responded.

"Maybe we should negotiate, see what they want, try to make peace" Evelyn suggested.

"We wouldn't be able to get close without them slaughtering us," Elliana warned.

Everyone looked concerned, not sure what to do. It was then that William got lost in a mind-link. Eyes clouded over as a guard is screaming that Hunter pack is invading.

"Hide the kids! They're here!" William said frantically.

Without hesitation they all ran out of the meeting room and picked up their children. The children whined in confusion but didn't fight realizing it was something bad. They quickly took the kids downstairs, to the lowest part of the pack house. They were taking them to the emergency hiding place.

William approached the vault, using his hand print to unlock it and a passcode. They rushed inside and set the kids down. The place looked like a small living room so it would feel like a safe place while being the safest place in the pack house. To the children it's a game room, having everything to keep them company while a huge battle is going on.

"Elliana, stay here with the kids please," Theodore pleaded to her.

"But my love...." Elliana started but got cut off by William.

"Do what Theo says Elliana, someone needs to stay with the kids and your motherly nature will be calming for them," William reasoned.

Elliana gave in, accepting that it was the best decision for the kids. The other three left the vault, William locked it up securely and they went out to the battle. They rushed through the house and to the outside. It was already a blood bath but surprisingly Moonlight was winning. Rogues were also present, fighting with the Hunter pack. Wolves were dying left and right, mostly of the enemy luckily. Them not surrendering yet is shocking.

In the midst of the battle, the enemy focused their attention on the four of them entering the field. They seemed to be focused on one in particular though. Who were they looking at? A whole group of enemy wolves attacked Evelyn, William's mate. That's who they were focused on. This mission was to take out Evelyn so William would be absolutely broken. They wanted the Alpha to break and fall apart.

William screamed and desperately tried to reach his mate, shifting into his wolf and trying to fight his way through. There were too many and he couldn't make his way to her. With her being in human form, she was completely defenseless. Shortly they broke away from her and William whined as he approached his lifeless mate. She was ripped to shreds, no longer recognizable which added more trauma to this devastating occurrence.

There was a howl and the enemy retreated, leaving behind a now broken pack. The pack was silent as William cried, the loss caused his wolf to retreat as he wept over Evelyn's body. Moonlight's Alpha was now broken, lost without his mate. With her being the Luna of Moonlight, the pack would surely fall apart along with their Alpha. She kept them together and now she is gone.

Theodore approached his friend to comfort him but William stopped him with his words.

"Go home, take your kids and go, don't worry about us, stop them from hurting more people," William said sadly and selflessly.

Listening to his hurt companion, he walked away sadly and did exactly as he said. That was the last time he would ever hear kind words from William.

***

Alex and Cameron were both raised by Alex's parents, the beta's in command of Moonlight. William became ruthless and died from a broken heart. Evelyn being the former Luna and foundation of the pack, the pack became chaos. Moonlight went from a good put together pack to a broken and ruthless pack. When Cameron matured he became Alpha to a broken pack and Alex stands as his beta. Skylight put up their guard and was never severely hurt by the Hunter pack like Moonlight did. William and Elliana live on as being Alpha and Luna of Skylight pack as their daughter Skylar is a role model holding the reputation of being The Alpha's Daughter.

***
Hello my lovelies!

This is a really long prologue I know but this will be a good start to the book

Hope you enjoy and have fun with this roller coaster of a story :)

Please vote, comment and share

Till next time

-Dove