Chapter Thirty- Eight

En başından başla

"I'd like to think in her own time she'd lift it,"

"Do you still talk to her though?"

Petra chuckled. "The last time I saw her she destroyed a building that had ceremonial purposes. I along with several others needed to pry her from a friend of mind she was going to kill with her bare hands, but to be direct, no I haven't spoken to her in a bit,"

"Jeez," said Beth, her eyes bulging. "How strong is she?"

"You wouldn't believe if I told you,"

"I'd still like to meet her-" Beth was cut off from expressing her interest when the sound of glass shattering outside the room she and Petra were in came flooding in.

In response to the sudden noise of intrusion, the vampire got up immediately, slipping into her tank top and putting herself between the girl and the door.

"Stay here," she whispered as she carefully reached for the knob.

"Wait, wait!"

"What?" She whispered back at the worried girl who clutched her arm.

Big, round eyes glared up at her and Petra saw just how terrified the girl was. "What if it's a burglar?"

"Then they're going to meet me for the first time and that's not something they should look forward to." Answered the woman so cooly she left Beth wondering if she had any fears or instincts surrounding danger. Nonetheless, she opened the door quietly and the girl decided to  follow behind Petra.

Those unbidden footsteps were heard as they stepped loudly on the broken glass in the living room and the women realized that it came from the front door and quickly Petra broke away from the girl.

"Seriously darling, stay here,"

Rounding the corner without so much as being cautious, Petra decided to face the trespasser on her land only to be met with a harsh scream.

Sam clutched his chest tightly when he saw the woman's silhouette and she glared at him in suspicion.

"What the fuck are you doing here? How the fuck did you even get here?" She questioned observing the man as he stood awkwardly in her living room.

"I could explain!" He said putting his hands up quickly. He knew Petra was often a very physical woman, in the past, they'd exchanged fists and he wasn't trying to have his ass handed to him again.

"I'm sorry, okay,"

"How did you find me?" Reiterated the vampire.

At the commotion, Beth came out from around the corner to see in the dim room a man with several piercings about his face glaring at her. For a moment he sniffed the air as she walked in and she thought it was the most peculiar thing she'd ever seen.

"She's a hu-"

Unexpectedly, Isaac came through the front door with the busted glass and when he arrived he was nearly frothing at the mouth from anger.

"You idiot, I told you to wait for me." He frets. "I stepped away to take a piss and you already broke in,"

Folding her arms across her chest, Petra glared at her brother who had an equally annoyed expression on his visage. When he realized she was up and about, he frowned before flashing his gaze to Beth. He too sniffed the air and grimaced.

"For fuck's sake, what is it with you women and fucking humans?" he whispered to himself.

"Hello, Isaac,"

"Good, you're home," said the man completely ignoring his sister as if he and his counterpart didn't just break into her house and respectfully Beth was still confused by the interaction.