Introduction.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

They say grief is love persevering, but to put it into Astaria's own words she believes that grief is the final act of love.

Grief doesn't ever fade, there's no magical cure, no carefully crafted textbook teaching us a specific way to cope, no morse code. Eventually we learn to live with the burden and carry on with life.

Time doesn't heal all wounds it's something humans made up to make themselves feel better about the great loss they suffered.

But is it truly possible for us to grieve for a person we have no memories of meeting?

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

December 24th 1992

Twenty-nine year old Adriana cries out in excruciating pain panting heavily "You need to push" her only sister Rendelda insists squeezing Adriana's hand lightly.

"I can't." she cries her eyes tightly closing shut as a scream rips through her throat "They'll take my baby." she sobs "Don't let them take her please." she begs Rendelda

"Sister I will promise no one will touch a hair on her head, but for now you need to focus on pushing. If you don't she will die." The younger sister stresses

Adriana eyes widen hearing her younger sister's concerns. She inhales a large breath of air pushing slowly when a knock on the door interrupts.

"Come in." Rendelda shouts knowing who is at the door "Slowly push Adi." she encourages softly while moving a stray of hair off of her sister Adriana's face.

In steps a dark haired, suited vampire with a look of concern etched upon his face. "It's time." he mutters with a pained glance

Adriana pushed one last time with a terrifying screech, ripping through her vocal cords. Panting she closed her eyes for a brief second, as she feels her baby being delivered into existence. She hears the cries of her daughter feeling relieved that her baby was alive and well.

Rendelda cuts the umbilical cord with a quick snip as the vampire eyes Adriana with admiration "You did it." he smiles gently rubbing her head affectionately.

Rendelda hands the precious baby girl into her mothers arms smiling warmly at the sight of the Mother and daughter duo.

Adriana cries, embracing her daughter while kissing the top of her head and began to place her where she rightly belongs on top of her chest. Opening her eyes tiredly she whispers words of motherly love "You are so beautiful Astaria." she whispered tenderly with tears glossing her green eyes.

"Astaria?" The vampire quietly asked in question, his eyes were furrowed in amazement.

"A man of your age should know what the name means." Rendelda mutters "A star of love:" she continued while her gaze, was stuck on the small new born baby laid upon her sister Adriana's chest.

"What a beautiful name, for a beautiful girl." Elijah the name of the vampire affectionately told them.

Elijah turns towards Adriana noticing she has not said anything, he panics when he hears no heart beat coming from the new mother.