Chapter 18: Who is She?

Start from the beginning

It's not a book. The inside of the book is hollow, sits inside the middle of the hollow space are DVDs. These DVDs have date labels on them, unlike the one I found in the library.

I look toward the door and my mind races in different directions. Who was that?

That person knew exactly what I was looking for.

I remove all the DVDs from within the book and place the book back on the shelf.

I make my way toward the door, open it slowly and peek outside once more, the hallway is empty. I slowly open it wider and step out into the hall.

I make my way toward my room with the DVDs press firmly against my chest inside my jacket. 

Not soon after, Gerald Godson return home and went back to his study.

My spine shivers at the thought that I could have been discovered by Mr. Godson if I didn't find these DVDs soon enough. 

I spread the DVDs on my bed and place them consecutively according to their dates.

I play the first one.

The camera jostled around as it tries to focus, image of Gerald Godson slowly came into view with an apron tied around his slim waist standing in front of a stove. 

Abeila: mmmm smells delicious, what are you making?

Gerald turns to the camera and smile

Gerald: It's a surprise, sit down.

The camera lowered as Abeila sited at the table, the screen zoomed in and focused on Gerald's butt

Abeila: Mmmm looks good

The camera zoomed back out, Gerald turned to look at her and chuckled

Gerald: Don't give me that look, be good. I don't want to mess up this dinner.

A laugh could be heard from Abeila, the screen continues to focus on Gerald as he worked around the stove.

Gerald returns to the table with two plates

Gerald: Your favorite

Wow, Gerald can cook, it does look very appetizing. It was sautéed noodles with vegetables and beef.

Abeila: Thank you

Her soft voice could be heard

He lifted her hand off the table and kiss it tenderly. He gazed at her in silence his facial features soften, his eyes reflect his tender emotions as they danced with feelings.

Abeila: Did you go and see her today?

His face dropped suddenly, he was quiet. He didn't respond right away. 

Gerald: Yes.

He sounded almost inaudible

Abeila: Did you like her?

Her voice sounds hollow and empty

Gerald looks at her with a visibly pained look in his eyes.

Gerald: Please, let's not do this right now. 

He said it so quietly I had to listen closely to hear him.

Abeila: Let's not do this?! How do you expect me to not do this?! You went to dinner with them!

She sounded very upset.

Abeila: Did you like her, Gerald?

Gerald: I love you

Gerald squeezed her hand tighter

Abeila: What's her name?

He begs her with his eyes not to do this.  After a moment, a defeat looks veil over his expression.