"Welll....you tried to get me out of control by spiking my drink in the Freshers party."

"Failed attempt. Agreed. And definitely not my finest performance." He said cockily.

"Totally. Derek said he handled you. What exactly did he do to handle you??" I smiled my signature charming smile.

"Where did Derek freaking Hale come from?? I thought the conversation was getting interesting." He leaned in more.

"It could. If you tell me why the fuck did you fucking spike my drink." I said. My voice turned from vanilla icecream to paprika in one second.

"Ahhh it was just a prank you know. Didn't plan it for something otherwise. Only for fun." He said smirking. I nodded glaring at him.

"Anyway did you ever find what happened to your Mustang??" I asked.

"What?? How did you know about it?? No one does." He asked in shock and I smirked back.

My eyelids felt heavy and lacked the strength to keep open. I was feeling dizzy. I saw Liam and Vallie sitting at a distance, horror laced on their faces. They looked sober. Like all the whiskey left their system in an instant. 'What are they scared about??' I asked myself.

And before I could answer my stupid brain, I felt a presence behind me. Turning from my seat, I saw the one and only Derek freaking Hale.

I quickly turned to Alex and asked, "Do you see someone behind me??? Or I am just seeing people?? I can't be that drunk."

"There definitely is someone behind you." He gestured and smirked.

I turned toward Derek and gave him the sweetest smile while he gave me a blank look. "Oh Derek. Sweet Derek. Are you following me?? Trying to protect me from darkness??" I said and laughed while standing from my seat.

Alex was shocked to hear terms of endearment for Derek coming from me. I was looking straight into Derek's eyes when he decided to speak.

"Enough now. You're coming with me." He said sternly holding me by my elbow, ready to drag me out from the club. "Liam and you.... Follow me." He said and Liam and Vallie stood up from their seats to follow him out.

He dragged me out, followed by Liam and Vallie but not before staring angrily at Alex who was totally amused by the situation.

"Bubye lover boy. Glad to see you back in the game." Alex shouted on top of his lungs and Derek left without even acknowledging.

________________________________

~~The Hales and Andersons~~

The history of the Hale and the Anderson family goes way back, like 100 years back. They were the two extremely powerful werewolf clans that existed back then.

Their power and loyalty towards one another was unquestionable. That's what drew Talia and John to each other. Talia was a powerful Alpha and John was a beta werewolf.

Although, their marriage was fixed when they were two years old, they eventually fell in love with each other, spending every possible minute together, even helping each other out during the full moon.

Grandfather Hale and Anderson got them married at the age of eighteen and Talia had her first born Laura at the age of nineteen.

Until then, Talia was still a beta werewolf, her father being the Alpha of the Hale clan. John and Talia were considered soulmates, but things changed when a few months after Laura was born, Talia's father died. He was hunted down and shot by a bullet laced with yellow wolfsbane.