Chapter 44: Dread

Late chapter and all of that stuff. . . Also Jude Pov

----------------------------------------------------------------

The smell of Wintery pine trees seemed to stick to the roof of my mouth, Erasing the faint sweet spiced sugary smell of Theo's scent.

Grimacing, I struggled out of my apparent mate's grip, My heart starting to race as I remembered the threat Quinn had made last I saw him.

Considering Quinn was planning on attacking this tribe, He'd end up most likely meeting them. . .Meaning. . .I was going to die.

Lovely. . .

Yellow eyes just arched an eyebrow before sighing and dragging his hand through his hair and turning to face the shorter and softer man standing a ways behind him, Outside the cell with the interested girl who was a little further back in the cell tunnel.

''Well. . .We're going to be able to deal with this differently then I guess. . .'' Yellow murmured before grabbing onto the collar once again, Tugging me closer before he turned to Theo and the girl behind him.

''Sorry Theo, I still have to try and deal with him. . .For more than one reason'' The grey winged man explained.

Before I could question his reasons why, Theo, The sweet little light blue eyed man, Asked the stubborn grey winged man a question.

''Why though? Can't he just. . .Come out of the cell?'' Theo asked hesitantly, Clearly weary of the yellow eyed man's reaction to his question.

Was he hurt by him? Is yellow like Quinn in the sense he hurts his mates?

Said man released me at that, Allowing me to stumble away yet again, A bit of relief forming inside me as he left the cell, Approaching Theo instead.

My instincts seemingly demanding that I shift into my first form and go protect Theo from the taller man.

Damn good thing my instincts don't dictate my life. 

If I were to fight yellow I have a strong feeling I wont be able to move afterwards.

He kept his voice down as he spoke with Theo, Quiet enough that I couldn't make out his words.

Whatever he said seemed to calm and reassure Theo.

Said man nodded hesitantly before stepping back out of the other man's personal space.

''Sophia? Why don't you go take sweetie to the dinning hall, You both need to get breakfast'' Yellow said, A warm note to his voice as he rested his hand briefly on Theo's face before backing off, Letting Theo hurry over to whom I assumed was Sophia.

Theo muttered something to him, Still seeming somewhat weary but calmer as the cheerful girl moved to join him, Quietly and eagerly speaking at Theo as she led him away.

''Have fun Aldo!'' Sophia shouted back to the man who I now knew was Aldo before the sound of footsteps got far enough away that they were unheard.

Once the sound had faded, Aldo slowly turned to face me, Making me now acutely aware of the fact that I was locked in a small room with an unknown mate.

He glanced calmly over to the unused bed and the untouched meal and drink resting on top of said bed.

A small hum left him as he went over, Lightly poking at the meal with the provided fork that had rested untouched on the plate all night.

Does he just want to eat the food? If that's the case then by all means. . .

My head was starting to hurt slightly thanks to lack of sleep.

''What was. . .The one thing I ordered you to do yesterday?'' Aldo questioned after a while of silence.

I stared at him, Nervous and confused.

Whatever he had told me yesterday I had utterly forgotten by now.

At my blank look he seemed to pick up on my exhausted state.

''You were supposed to eat your food'' He explained, Setting the fork down as he started to move back towards me.

That's what he's upset about?. . .So the food must be tainted then. . .That'd be the only reasonable explanation. . .

 ''So?'' I questioned, My throat sore from lack of water and lack of use.

He arched an eyebrow at my response before grabbing onto my collar, Dragging me roughly over to the bed.

''So? You're under my care as long as you're here. I'm not about to let those under my care starve to death'' He explained as he sat back down, Pulling me down as well so I, Much to my embarrassment, Was sitting between his legs.

Under his care. . .Wait. . .Of fuck he's the Head. . .

My heart sunk as my situation became even clearer.

I was screwed and not in the fun way.

Using one hand to hold me down by the collar, He picked back up the fork and cut off a piece of the meat on the plate.

He held it up right in front of my mouth, Offering it to me.

''I'm not eating anything'' I tried to grumble out, Only for him to take the advantage of my opened mouth to shove the forkful of food in.

''Yeah yeah, Just eat your food'' Aldo muttered, Not really scolding me but the tone of his voice made me believe there'd be consequences if I didn't behave.

Scowling, I reluctantly chewed the surprisingly soft tasty meat before swallowing.

Aldo seemed amused by my reluctance as he cut off another bit of the food.

''It's not going to bite you'' He murmured as he offered me another bite.

Letting out an annoyed sigh, I took the offered bite before trying to squirm out of his hold.

He had released the collar by now, Making it easier to squirm away.

My escape attempt failed as he reached out, Placing his hand over my throat in a silent warning.

Seeing as he hadn't really been that aggressive with me, I foolishly decided to test my limits.

Maybe it was the sleep deprivation that made me be this bold. . .Maybe it was a death wish considering what would end up happening once Quinn found out about them. . .

Either way. . .I found the limits he was giving me very quickly.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Very late and all. . .Aldo's worried about Jude not eating. . .Or sleeping or drinking. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen