Observing from behind

1 |𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝

. . .

Loud music filled the room, people dancing, being careless with what's happening around them. At the bar in the middle of the wide space filled with people, a woman sat there, a big gap between her world and the crowd. She was drinking.. getting a refill for the 7th time, the bartender can see she has her problems and she chose to drink it away. Getting her 7th shot the bartender finally asked what's been going through his head cause she's the only one in the bar, while an unnoticed figure at the end was also observing the drunk woman.

"Excuse ma'am, I don't mean to interrupt, but are you okay?" He said, quite shocked at his own question.

She faced him, face all droopy from the alcohol in her system. Her eyes looked at his tag stating his name. Pointing a finger she started.

"L-look, Gavin, d-does this face look fine to y-you?" she pointed at herself, resting her elbow at the bar table, trying to control her head from swinging side to side as her surroundings were spinning.

Gavin; the bartender sighed, contemplating in his head.
"I mean, no . . . you don't look fine but I'm just saying.. this is your-," he stopped for a while, thinking. "6th . . .7th shot of vodka and you drank it straight in a row, you also seem to not have anyone with you so-" he explained at the drunk woman.

She is quite a good listener even when drunk which was an unusual fact.
She scoffed and stood up, "Goodbye," she said coldly, paying her bill assuming it was 160$ with tip, still satisfied with Gavin's service.

She walked across the room, struggling to find the exit, tears suddenly streaming down her face. Pushing anyone that comes in her way, losing her balance each step she takes.

Once she finally found the exit she sat outside the bar, dialing someone on her phone.
"H-hey . . . can you pick me up?" She said on the line, dry tears plastered on her face. Rocking herself back and forth trying to calm herself, a tall figure watched her from the corner as she kept rocking herself, hugging her knees and silently crying.

A few minutes passed and she still sat there, she checked the time on her phone; 11 pm. She stood up and wiped her tears, grabbing a small mirror from her purse, checking her face looking at how her makeup was fading, glad she didn't wear mascara but a black winged eyeliner replaced it.

Walking down the sidewalk, the man behind her thought she was just going home so he stopped his tracks, observing her actions while her figure went smaller as their distance was getting longer.

She stopped her tracks making him raise an eyebrow. Three big figures start to appear in front of her while the man behind her walked to her slowly, not leaving his attention to the scene in front of him.

One man grabbed her by the shoulder while the two swarmed around her, she was still drunk but already quite sober. She tried prying herself from the men's grasp but failed. The mysterious man behind her was now making big footsteps towards her.

The woman's arms were now captured by the two men while the biggest one, looking like their leader, he whispering something in her ear making her shiver. She whispered something back making the man back out then started laughing like a moron, she scoffed at him and kneed the man at his private, she did a backflip, the two men holding her arms supported her balance unknowingly she landed on her knees looking like the black widow. The man behind stopped his tracks after seeing what the woman just did, he continued standing there while he observed her and the three men who clearly had bad intentions towards her.

She pushed the leader then started handling the two men. The one to her left tried punching her while she dodged him, giving him a punch back, a hand stopped her other arm making her twist their arm but an unexpected shard of glass landed on her leg but it was ignored. She was kicked from her legs making her lose her balance also making the shard go deeper into her flesh. The man behind rushed and helped her as he saw she was getting vulnerable.

He punched the man on the floor that kicked her while he rushed back dodging the other men coming for him, making them hug each other in a painful way. Another man came from behind him while they also landed on the ground after the woman's hard kick and punch at his stomach.

The mysterious man turned around facing the woman he was just following earlier, looking down and noticing her deep cut, he walked straight past her coldly, leaving her in confusion. She did get a glance at his face but his hood overshadowed it, all she saw was his pale skin, scratches all over his arms, and his thin-lined lips that showed no expression. She looked at his figure fading in the distance.

What was that? How cold of him.
She scoffed, looking at her arms and legs, searching for bruises. She hissed at the sight of blood dripping out of her leg, she grabbed her handkerchief and wiped the blood but it wasn't stopping the wound from seeping out some more liquid.

Hailing a taxi, she limped and went inside.
"Where to miss?" The driver asked her.
"Meyers Street, 16A," she said earning a nod from the driver. They took off and she tilted her wounded leg, thinking about what she should do.

Arriving safely at her destination she paid the driver and went inside her two-story apartment.

Limping her way in, she grabbed a medkit beside the sofa and started getting the glass shard out of her leg. Hissing at the pain as she slowly took it out, more blood coming out but she stopped it by applying some pressure. Wrapping her wound in a bandage and pinned it, sealing the cloth. Tidying up her stuff her phone rang, startling her.

"Hey, sorry I couldn't arrive to pick you up, I got stopped by the police and they gave me a ticket," the voice in the line said.
"Stop it. I know you got drunk again, dad. I don't even know why I called you," she replied.
"Luna, please, just come home," her father begged while she just hung up, rolling her eyes.