Symbol of Friendship

(This chapter and the next one will be similar to the originals, just a bit edited :P)

First person; Y/N's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Flashback??)

I was outside on the playground, looking for my best friend Floris, he had been out sick yesterday which had cost me something huge. The most popular girl in our grade told everyone yesterday that if some two people can beat her and her friend in rock, paper, scissors, they would give them their favorite charm bracelets. And boy did they have pretty charm bracelets.

Now, Floris is the best rock, paper, scissors player I know, he was basically the god of the game. He always refused to tell me his secret but I'm sure I'll get it out of him eventually. But since he wasn't here yesterday, I had to choose one of my other friends and we ended up loosing because she chose the wrong one. No one actually won the bracelets, so maybe now that Floris is back, I might have a chance.

Of course I wasn't just trying to make him do this for myself, he liked charm bracelets too. We'd come over to each other's houses sometimes and make charm bracelets, bead necklaces, and poorly done animal crochets that we still loved and kept. We'd share our toys, our books, sometimes even our clothes, but that wasn't often. Floris was my bestest friend, he was like a brother to me in a way.

Then I saw him, he was talking to some other boys. I called out his name and he turned around, his face lighting up when he saw me. "Y/N!" He shouts, running up to me and giving me a hug. It was things like this that made other kids think that we were "dating", we both thought that was disgusting but people would still say it. It's so annoying!

"Floris! Floris!" I say. "Guess what you missed out on yesterday!" "What?" "Skyla and Marien said they were gonna give their favorite charm bracelets to whoever beats them in rock, paper, scissors!" "What? You mean I missed out on an offer of a lifetime?" "Nope! Nobody actually beat them so we still have a chance!"

Floris smiled a smile bigger than the one he had earlier. "Well then let's go!" He grabbed my hand, dragging me to the swing set. The popular girls always hung out around the pink swings, never letting anyone else swing there, which sucked because the pink swings were the only ones the school staff ever felt like repainting and no one wants to swing on rust and dirt.

When we got over to them, they all stopped their conversation and looked at us. "So, you've come for another try? And look at that, you brought over your boyfriend this time." Skyla said, emphasizing 'boyfriend' just to annoy me, but I wasn't about to let that get to me. She always does that, making someone really angry so they're for likely to go for rock since their fist is already clenched in anger. I know she always uses this tactic so I'll just use scissors (I don't think this is an actual tactic so don't quote me on this, I don't want to get canceled for giving out false Rock-Paper-Scissors advice)

Floris had this weird superpower where could just stay calm after someone says something really mean, like I said, god of rock, paper, scissors. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." He said. "Shut up Skyla, we're just here for the bracelets." "Okay fine." Skyla got up from the swing she was sitting on, Marien getting up from her swing too, there were only two pink swings, the other girls(plus Skyla's "boyfriend") sat in the mulch, out of the way so they don't get kicked. "Well alright, I'll take on you, Y/N." Skyla said. "And Marien can take on Floris."

Skyla reached out her hand, me doing that as well, both of us placed our fists on our extended hands, Floris and Marien doing the same. One kid counted down.

"Three." I kept an angry face to make her think I'd use rock.

"Two." She'll throw paper and I'll throw scissors.

"One." Floris's go-to was always paper, so Marien will probably pull scissors, so he'll throw rock.

"Go!"

"Rock, paper, scissors. Shoot!"

I looked at my hand, I held out my pointer finger and my middle finger, scissors, like I had planned. Skyla's whole hand was held out, like a sideways high-five, paper, like knew she would do. I saw Floris next to me, Marien had scissors, but Floris had rock. We had won the bracelets, we had beaten the popular girls in the most high-stakes game in the history of Elementary School.

Everyone watching was in shock, especially the two girls, I myself was in shock as well, Floris probably was too. Skyla dipped her head, she was mean, but she was a woman of her word. "Alright. You win. Take it." She said, handing me her favorite charm bracelet, Marien was doing the same. Me and Floris looked at each other and smiled, Floris had his same old goofy grin, one of his teeth were missing, that made him look a bit more funny. But there was just something about his smile that was so... radiant, he looked like he was glowing anytime he smiled, the bigger the smile, the more it looked like he was glowing, and he was glowing more than I had ever seen him glow.

"Let these bracelets be a symbol of our friendship." He said. I nodded in agreement. "And let us wear these always, even when we're apart so we will never forget each other."

(Did I really overdramatize a bunch of small children playing rock-paper-scissors? Yes. Am I proud of it? No. Am I gonna go with it anyways? Yes.)