Seven - SURPRISE!

Start from the beginning

We pull away when the door opens. Niall was standing by the door frame, looking confused as fuck. I hope he didn't see us kissing. Not that I care if he saw us but it would've been embarrassing and I know he'd tease me for it.

"We're having lunch, Mia called you out". He seems angry and I'm confused. Did the game finish so fast? I thought Mia was obsessed with the thought of getting me laid, what happened now? I nod and walk out of the room, finding for her in the canteen. Everyone were busy eating and grabbing food. I spot her sitting on the last table and I walk over to her.

"That was fast" she smirks and I look at her, dumbfounded. What is she talking about?

"We just kissed"

"Jake and Niall almost fought after you went in" she takes a bite of her food. What?

"What? Why?"

"I don't know? Niall was about to go in but Jake stopped him"

"Why would Niall want to come in?" I ask. I'm really confused right now. She looks at me in a weird way and I shrug.

"What else? Niall is jealous. He likes you, Elena."

"Right, sure he does. He probably didn't want Jake around me" I take a bite of the nuggets.

"And reason?" she asks, smirking.

"Maybe because he's trying to protect me" I don't know what else to say. The same question is repeating in my head. "What did they tell each other?"

"I don't know what were they whispering but I sure do know that Niall hates Jake with a passion"

"And why is that?"

"Look behind" I narrow my eyebrows and look behind. Jake and Niall are literally on top of each other, throwing punches at one another. What the fuck? I get up and run over to them, trying to get them to stop fighting.

"Niall, stop it!" I pull him by his hand but sadly, I'm not as strong as I pretend to be. After spending another five minutes trying to stop them, they finally stopped and I follow Niall to the bathroom. "What the fuck was that?!"

"Stay out of it" he yells, washing his face. He silently winces in pain and I force him to turn towards me. I grab the First Aid Kit from the shelf and start cleaning the blood dripping from his forehead and knuckles.

"Why are you furious at him all of a sudden? What did he do?" I ask, curious.

"Nothing"

"Then why the sudden fight?"

"I just told you to fucking stay out of it" he snaps. His eyes are bloodshot red and so is his face. His breathing is heavy as we walk out of the bathroom. There were a bunch of stares and I try to avoid them as much as I can.

Niall and I are currently in his car. I don't know where are we going but I assume that we're going home.

"Why didn't you tell me that you had a crush on him?" he breaks the silence between us. He is still angry, I can see that from the seriousness on his face. "Tell me, El. When this is the correct moment to speak, you don't!" He yells, speeding up the car.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I'm so done with him constantly yelling at me. "Niall, stop the car" I tell him but he doesn't. "I said stop the fucking car!" I protest and he does what I say. I get out of the car and he does the same. I notice that we're in the middle of nowhere. The car is parked in the middle of the road and a million trees surround us. "Where are we?"

"You didn't answer my question" he looks away.

"Did you bother telling me about your crushes? Did you bother telling me about your plans to go for an audition? Did you tell me that you've stopped paying the rent for your house because you were not planning on coming back? Did you?" I ask. The tears stream down my face. This is the third day I'm in tears and the third day we're fighting and this is in the middle of nowhere. "I think you got your answer" I cross my arms.

"I don't have the habit of opening up to people"

"Glad to know that I come in the 'people's category' and not your best friend" I speak through tears.

"You're tak-"

"I'm taking it the wrong way! Is that what you were going to say?" I cut him off. "I'm always taking it the wrong way, right Niall?"

"I... I just..." He is trying to say something but there's something stopping him. I don't know what it is but I'm positively sure that this will be the cause of our friendship breaking apart. "Just stay away from him."

"Him?

"Jake, stay away from Jake." He whispers. There were tears in his eyes too. I wonder why he's crying.

"Why? What is it that's so bad about him that you can't tell?!" I'm practically yelling in his face. I want to know the reason even if it's shock me or hurt me.

"There's nothing wrong with him!

"Then I'm not sta-"

He cuts me off by smashing his lips on mine. He pushes me against the car door and before I could kiss him back, I instantly pull back realizing what we're doing. I push him away and look at him in disgust.

"Why? You can kiss him but not me? You can act like a complete slut with him but not with me?"

"You're not serious are you?" I'm surprised that he'd ever call me that. "You're fucking sick! I don't even know who you are anymore!"

"I'm serious"

"I'm serious too. I think we need space from each other" I wipe my tears away.

"What?"

"Yeah, a break. I need space from you and so do you"

"No we don't!" he walks closer to me.

"We do! It's a must and important for the both of us."

"Are you breaking the friendship?" He's about to cry. "I'm sorry, okay? It was a dick move. I don't need any space from you"

"I'm not. If you don't then I do, badly."