One - Best Friends Forever

"For the thousandth time, we are not dating!" We said in unison and people around us shoot glares at us, indicating that they're annoyed but to be honest? I really don't care at the moment... or maybe I never cared about what they thought of me or my friendship with him.

"Oh look, both of you are saying the same thing, together" says my friend, Mia while crossing her arms and I roll my eyes at her stupid remark. Niall and I have been friends for a long time, longer than maybe half of the friendships I've had in school.

"Or maybe because we've heard the same line over and over again for the past three years to not say the same line" Niall says and I laugh. We've literally been hearing the same dialogue from everyone saying we are a 'thing' but in real, we're just best friends who do literally everything together which kind of annoys the fuck out of people because they're jealous. But the fun part in it is that I get to make Niall's stupid girlfriend jealous. Now don't get me wrong, I love him to bits, he deserves happiness in his life and blah, blah, blah but I never really liked her in the first place and as his best friend, I'm allowed to dislike her or any of his other girlfriends, not that he'll have many anyways. I mean, look at that freak.

The bell to the first period rang and I grab my notebook from my locker and a pen from Niall's hand, as we start walking over to the classroom. "How many pens have you stolen from me and never gave back?" he asks, clearly annoyed.

"It's not called stealing, it's called memories." I laugh.

"And how many 'memories' do you have now?" he snakes his hand behind my waist and holds me tight. "What do you even do with them?"

"Loads. Whenever I'm mad at you, I break them. At least I'm not wasting my money by breaking my own pens." I smirk and he looks at me like I've lost it.

"You're crazy." We reach the classroom and there she is, Tiffany, his lovely, blonde, girlfriend and there goes my acting skills.

"Oooh, crazy over you, baby." I imitate her voice and mock her. I wrap my arms around his neck and pretend to kiss him by making the gross sound.

"Can you just go away, gosh" she speaks in a high pitch voice. I think my ears just started bleeding.

"Can you just go away, gosh" I mock her in the most annoying voice I could make and let go of him and he pulls her in a hug. Before I could see them kiss, I walk into the classroom and sit on my lucky chair. Kissing is gross, especially when you see your best friend kiss someone and it's just... Yuck! No, I'm not jealous of her, that's gross because I've never thought of him in 'that' way and I probably never will. Talk about jealous of him? Double gross! I sound homophobic but whatever.

He walks in, sitting beside me and I gave him 'the look' aka the 'you've got some cheapskate lipstick all over your fucking face' look.

"You know, one day there's going to be a breaking news about me on TV saying 'Niall Horan's so called best friend was such a pain in the ass that made his eyes roll to the back of his head.'" He says and I start laughing and so did everyone around us.

"Bitch, I'm your pain in the ass." I playfully hit his arm a little harder and fake's being hurt. "Gay."

"Lesbian."

"Fuck off."

"Good Morning class!" the teacher walks in.

"Shut the fuck up." Oh shit. Ms Grace looks at Niall in the eyes and he looks away. I can't seem to control my laughter. I need a break. "It wasn't for you, Miss." He says in an innocent way.

"Detention till four, today."

This is the best day of my life.