part 1.

"mister albedo, you have a visitor."

"in a moment, sucrose, i just need to finish writing this down. can you tell me who it is?"

"i'm...not quite sure. but it looks like an adventurer."

albedo finished scrawling in his notebook and looked up to see sucrose standing at the front of the cave. as far as he remembered, he didn't recall asking anyone to come by, so you must have come on your own accord. well, he had a bit of time on his hands, there would be no harm in inviting them inside. now that it was sunset and the inside of the cave was filled with a warm golden glow, and the cold and the wind must have picked up. the snow must have been biting at you this whole time.

he sighed. "tell them they can come in."

sucrose nodded and albedo watched carefully to see who turned the corner. as sucrose said, you looked like it was an adventurer based on the green clothing, but there was a unique hat with a peacock feather atop your head and a green bandana around your wrist. you were carrying a backpack that seemed to be quite heavy.

"nice to meet you, i am albedo, chief alchemist of the knights of favonius," albedo stated, hoping to get to know you a bit better.

"nice to meet you too, i am y/n, an adventurer. i came by to give you some since I heard that alchemists are always in the need of some dust of azoth. i happened to have some leftover after an expedition. since you're the chief alchemist, of course, i assumed you would like some."

albedo wasn't exactly sure how to react as he watched you fumble with your words and play with your fingers. was his presence making you uncomfortable? or perhaps you were just a bit more on the nervous type. understandable, albedo wasn't one to socialize much either.

he took the time to look over you once more. you seemed to be from mondstadt based on the accent, and you certainly looked like an adventurer at first glance but he noticed that the uniform was slightly different. as another chilly breeze came into the cave, he watched as you clutched your hat tightly. albedo could catch the scent of smoke and cecilias.

"thank you, y/n, it is very thoughtful of you. i am always in need of dust of azoth after all," albedo finally replied.

your eyes lit up and you heaved your backpack off to take out the jars of the precious powder. you handed it to him and the tips of your fingers just barely touched. despite the freezing weather, your hands were still warm which albedo found surprising. perhaps you would let him do some research on your blood.

"well i'm glad that someone found some use for this dust," you chuckled lightly as you slung your backpack over your shoulder, "most of the alchemists in the city wouldn't take it saying that they only wanted items from real adventurers."

albedo quirked an eyebrow, "what do you mean by that? are you not an adventurer yourself?"

"i'm technically not considered one yet because the adventurer's guild has yet to accept me."

"yet you have found one of the most rare items in all of teyvat, how is this?" albedo was struggling to understand how someone such as you had not yet joined the adventurer's guild.

"for starters, i'm apparently too young. secondly, they seem to have some prejudice against me, but i'm not sure what it's about. i've done so much, i can't understand why i'm not in yet."

albedo's mouth spoke before he could even process what he was saying, "would you like to stay for a bit? i would like to hear more about what you have done."

albedo watched your eyes widen. "are you sure? i'm sure you're a very busy man..."

"i insist," albedo interrupted, "i would like to know more about your discoveries."

"well, i suppose i could do that."

albedo gave you a hint of a smile. he walked over to sucrose who was still standing outside of the laboratory. their alchemy work was done for the day. "you can finish up the textbook questions i gave you," albedo dismissed and sucrose nodded to gather her things and leave. the young alchemist turned to face you again, the sunset reaching its finale behind him.

"now that it is just the two of us, come take a seat and let us talk."

⸻⸻⸻

hope you enjoyed the first part of this story! this won't really be like a story where it follows a single story line, but it instead, each part is a mini story/event involving you and albedo. so the next chapter won't really continue off of this. i hope that makes sense ( '△`) but i hope you stick around for the next parts!

laviethepooh.tumblr.com