~Chapter nine~ The date pt. 2

Start from the beginning

As I settled in the passenger seat, I glanced over at the restaurant. Carlos was standing by the entrance, staring straight at me. His eyes were black again. A shiver ran down my spine and I broke eye contact. Angel got in and started the car before pulling out onto the road.

"What about your sister?" I asked.

"She has her own ride." He gave me a smile before looking back at the road.

Awhile later, we arrived at a big house that looked like mine but not quite. So I knew it was Angel's. He stepped out of the car and came around to help me out. He led me up a walkway that led to the front door.

"It's not much, but it's home." He said before unlocking the door and letting me step inside.

It wasn't much? Psh! It was amazing. More amazing than my house. I looked over to the living room and a bunch of guys I noticed around school were sitting in there.

"Hey Angel! How's it going? Who's the girl?" One of them winked at me and Angel shot him a look before bringing me into the room.

"This is Annabel. Annabel, this is Jacques, Rayne, Cassius, and Caspian." I recognized right away that the two C's were twins.

"It's about time we met you! Angel wouldn't stop talking about you. Seriously, he's like obsessed." I giggled and Angel had a look of panic on his face before face palming himself.

He growled at them and led me to a wide staircase which led to the upstairs. When we reached the top, he enveloped my hand with his and pulled me to the door at the end.

"This is my room. I just gotta change my shirt and then we can talk. Just stand out here for a second. I'll be right out." He went it and shut the door behind him.

A few seconds later, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and not wanting to have an awkward confrontation with someone, I barged into Angel's room and shut the door behind me. Angel was pulling his shirt over his head but before he could pull it down, I noticed two long scars going all the way down his back. And they definitely didn't look recent.

"What happened?" I gasped and walked up to him, tracing my hand down one of the scars.

He flinched away and pulled his shirt down before turning to face me.

"I had an accident when I was younger. No big deal." Ok. So Angel had monsters from the past.

Unlucky for him, I wasn't buying that answer.

"They're equally spaced apart and perfectly sculpted. That's no accident." He looked taken aback but soon his face was expressionless and he sighed before pulling me over to his bed.

We sat down and he looked down for awhile before taking a deep breath and facing me.

"I suppose you have a lot of questions." I nodded.

"Yes. First things first. Why are you always there to save me?" His lip twitched before he answered.

"You're mine, Bel. Mine to protect. I was assigned to you at a very young age. Eight was young but I accepted my duty." I raised an eyebrow.

"Whoa. Back up. What are you talking about?" He sighed in frustration before standing up and facing me.

"I have to show you something, but please, I beg you, don't freak out. And don't run. Promise me." I hesitantly nodded and his eyes pierced into mine.

"Promise me." He was dead serious.

"I promise. Just show me." My eyes grew wide.

He pulled off his shirt and hunched over as a pair of big black wings grew out of his back where the scars were. I stood up and walked up to him.

"You're...you're a..." I studied his wings and they flexed as I rubbed my hand across one.

"They're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." And truly they were.

"I can't believe it. You're an..." I smiled widely and he smirked before pulling me to his bare chest and wrapping his wings securely around me.

"Say it." He dared me. And it was a dare I was willing to do.

"Angel..." I whispered before his lips crashed down on mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~

I know, I know. It was kinda rushed. But next chapter they will talk about the past and you'll learn a few things.... Anyways thanks for reading!

PRONUNCIATION:

Jacques is pronounced Jack-case.

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN :D