INVITATION TO THE AGENCY

Start from the beginning

Being stuck in their medical lab for nearly a week is driving you a little insane. You're starting to be here so often, you wonder if you ought to suggest that they give you your own room.

At least you're finally allowed visitors today The thought is timed just right, as a gentle knock sounds at the door.

"Come in", you call, a little quieter than you meant to. Your throat is still sore.

The door creaks open, your mom peering around it with a soft smile. "Good morning. Can I come in?"

"Good morning", you reply, a smile catching the word and then a chuckle, "Wow, it's nice to say that to someone who isn't a nurse or doctor!"

She gives a soft laugh, stepping inside and closing the door behind her, "I imagine it is. You've been stuck here for quite some time, but they were only doing their best to heal you"

She moves closer, coming to sit on the chair at the side of your bed.

It's a while before she speaks again, glancing towards you with a heaviness behind her brown eyes.

"The doctors say you're healing well"

"They've examined me enough, so they should know", you say. "Is there something wrong?", Her unease has me shifting beneath the flimsy bed sheet.

She glances away for a moment and sighs, "I need to talk to you about what happened at the warehouse"

Memories make your body tense, and you try to ignore the pain that sends through me.

"What you did with Unit Enhypen was incredibly brave, especially considering what you must have gone through….", her voice chokes as she says that, and she shakes her head and straightens her back.

"But Dr. Kim escaped…."

The news sends a flutter of anxiety knotting through your stomach.

"We are dedicating everything we can to find him", she says in reassurance, obviously noticing your reaction, "But this whole situation, and what you did and how you've come through it, well, it's impressed the Agency"

Your brows arch in surprise.

She leans forward, placing a hand beside you on the mattress, "They want you to become the human liaison for the town of Ulsan"

Your brows go even higher.

"Unit Enhypen has been assigned to Ulsan and will be your main point of contact. The Agency are also pouring more resources into this facility to aid you"

"Why?"

She shrugs, slim shoulders wearily lifting the grey jacket she wears. "They are just being prepared. When something of this significance happens…it can ripple through the supernatural community and create issues"

Well, that doesn't sound good…. you try to bury the sudden worried thought.

"With you as liaison, it means the Agency can help Ulsan should anything occur, without needing to move around the authorities. Everything will still need to be kept a tight secret, but it will offer more freedom to help those in our town"

"You'll always be involved or notified of anything we do, of course. And you'd have access to all of our knowledge and aid should anything happen", she meets your eye, "What do you think?"

You cock a brow, holding back a small smile, "Does it come with a pay raise?"

She gives you a withering look, but she nods, "Yes, you'll get a small amount of compensation added to your regular wage"