2

The red haired girl moved underneath the blanket. First a bit of hair poked out of the makeshift protection barrier. Hare sat at the edge of his bed in anticipation of the face reveal-butterflies danced in his stomach at the thought of seeing  her face.  A moments glance at her neck, as she lifted herself from the bed. The comforter fell from her back, then quickly the red haired lady turned to his side. In his eyes fluffy hair bounced like lovely cotton leaves. The face he had only seen on paper now faced him proudly. Hare's eyes widened, thrilled to see the girl sitting now in front of him. The hand on his thigh tightened it's grip, as he released a breath.

The rumors were true.

His bride was not a looker like the rest of her family. Was it idiotic of him to have an inkling of hope she would look acceptable? Could there be a chance she was adopted or a bastard child? No, she had a mix of their faces and the red hair to boot.

On the contrary she had a thick mole under her nose and thin brows. Beauty standards in this country were very competitive, especially for young noble ladies. Sometimes they were even downright scary. No matter how ugly a lady was, they still attendant balls, so how come she was different.

"Your paintings do not lie." Hare said without thinking much of the meaning behind his words. She had a stoic expression, it made her look to serious. Did he make her uncomfortable? 

Hare nodded the dreadful feelings away. It wasn't that she was ugly ugly, all she really lacked was what all noble families wanted in their women. A pretty healthy glow, straight noses, good posture and a sharp face shape. Just because she was the opposite of the beauty standard that family held her indoors for her whole life.

"My money should be delivered before 'morrow." The ugly woman said, holding her comforter close to her chest. 

She was hiding something.

"Robbing me in my bedroom, amusing aren't you." Hare said smiling . "I'll double the coins, if you drop the comforter."

Eyes flashing with greed for mere seconds, instantly darkened because of his demand.

"Lyu, I'm no rapist. Refusing me is always an option."

"We are married, you have a right to my body." Lyu dropped the comforter to reveal the true reason of the family eagerly discarding her to his side. Slowly his eyes dropped from her neck, trailing down to see what she was hiding so.

Hare's mouth changed, then formed in an 'o'.

Lyu had short kinky hair with thick coils you'd get your hand stuck in, a feminine figure and breast that were different sizes. One was a few inches smaller, even if she filled her bra with pads, people would notice the unusual difference. 

A family filled with nothing, but gorgeous people would of course be clueless to how to raise their ugly daughter preciously. He placed his hands on the bed, rubbing the blanket absentmindedly. Did they treat her like she was less than the sister?

"Did you debut?" Hare asked careful, so unlike him to care for a woman's private family affair. He raised his eyes to look her in the eyes. Small almond shaped eyes sparkling with stultify. Maybe he should stop assuming things, until she tells him more.

"Debut? Can you explain it in a sentence." Lyu asked sarcastically, slouching a little then stiffening up.

"...Debut as in meeting your peers via a grand party that is either your birthday or something else."  Hare asked politely, a dash of astonishment in his voice. Wanting to get closer to her side. He scooched more onto the big bed.. "Have you met any other nobles?"

"Are you going to bed me or continue speaking of nonsense?" Lyu asked, monotone. She must have read some badly written emperor smut romance to ask such a question.