𝟎𝟏𝟑

┌─────── ⋆⋅ ☾ ⋅⋆ ───────┐
ONLY YOU
THIRTEEN
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅ ☾ ⋅⋆ ───────┘

IN REAL LIFE

          Stella held onto Louis' hand as she pulled him inside the school gymnasium. Her grip was so tight that he could feel her pulse through her fingers, or maybe it was just his hand throbbing from all the pressure.

          The school had been decorated in gold and white glimmering decorations, the theme being 'The Roaring 20's'. The gymnasium itself was huge; there was only one high school in the county and so every student from every middle school had to fit inside one space.

           Lavish backdrops of cities and glowing lights lined the walls for makeshift photo booths. On the refreshments table there were small plastic champagne glasses filled with fizzing liquid and trays of mini sandwiches.

           "Wow they really went all out this time..." Stella looked around in awe, unable to recognize her own school.

           "If i knew this is what prom was like I would've worn a nicer suit." Louis said looking down at his own attire.

           Stella straightened his bow tie a little and smiled up at him. "I think you look very handsome." The words hadn't even registered in her brain until they had already left her mouth.

          Her hands froze on his tie at the realization. Louis cleared his throat loudly, and Stella quickly removed them, both of their eyes roamed around aimlessly afterwards.

          "How about I go grab us some drinks?" Louis suggested suddenly. Stella nodded, "Great Idea!" She answered. Once Louis had gone out of sight, Stella smacked her forehead and groaned.

          "Ooo that was painful to watch." A familiar voice rang behind Stella. She turned around to find Daniella, side by side with Gemma who was linking arms with her boyfriend.

          "Shut up! I was wondering where you guys were," Stella threw her arms around her two best friends. The girls burst in a fit of giggly compliments on each other's looks. "I'm so glad you're here." Stella faintly smiled.

          "So was that him?" Gemma's boyfriend, Danny, asked.

          Daniel Schneider. A tall guy with a muscular build, he had honey brown eyes, dark hair, and a scar that ran down his chin from a prior sports injury. Stella always thought Daniel was a little out of Gemma's league, but it always seems that way since everyone wants the absolute best for their friends.

(a/n: would it be the other way around? she's out of his league?? this took me forever to figure out)

          "That was him... unfortunately." Stella lowered her head in shame. "Why'dya say that?" Gemma placed a hand on Stella's arm.

          "Becaauusee, I feel like I don't know how to act around him. It's like everything has this awkward tension." Stella checked to make sure Louis was still away.