"Yah! Jungkook? Are you okay?" She called out.

I mentally cursed out myself. This is so embarrassing. "I'm fine! No need to come over here or anything! Really!" I yelled from the floor, praying that was enough to keep her put.

"Ah okay! Join me when you're ready!"

Thank god. I let out a mini gasp of relief.

"welp here goes nothing." i said and dusted myself off.

I took a big sniff of the area. Whatever it is she bought smells heavenly.

"smells nice doesn't it? I bought creme bread and strawberry cake from the bakery we always go to." Y/n said with her back towards me while getting plates.
I awkwardly stared at her frame for a while before waddling over to a stool to sit. Is she pretending nothing happened last night too?

I reached my hand out to get the sugary goods out and as if it were on command..
"Hey no touching!"
how the fork did she know??.. she didn't even see me! wot
"Wait until I sit down and then we can eat together--!" she got cut off and nearly dropped the plate on the floor.

"AHH WHERE IS YOUR SHIRT!!?"
she yelled and shielded her eyes with her hand.

"I always sleep like this."

"BUT YOU AREN'T SLEEPING NOW, SO COVER UP, BUTTERCUP!!"

"Aish fine." I rolled my eyes and pulled over a hoodie I left here. ".. nothing you haven't seen before.." i mumbled under my breath.

"thank you." she said as took some deep breaths to calm herself.
I grinned knowing what kind of effect I have on her.

"Let's eat! have you had this before? here have a bite!" y/n said while putting a fork with some cake closer to my lips.

"y-yeah I used to eat it all the time when i celebrated my birthday with-- nevermind."
A frown formed on her face whenever I 'almost' overshared. I felt bad. I felt bad for still keeping things from her but some things are just meant to be kept private, you know?
from past incidents she let it pass and never questioned my behavior, instead she'd focus on the good parts.

"oh! I totally forgot about birthdays! When's yours?" she asked excitedly and hands well kept together.

I shrugged it off "it's not that important to celebrate, why bother?"

"because I want to.. I want to celebrate you and your existence! That's what birthdays are for aren't they?" Her eyes sparkled as she said that.

boom boom went my heart.. anymore of that and i'd be passed out on the carpet.

I nibbled on my bottom lip and looked away from her eyes. "aish f-fine.. It's September 1st"

she gasp hard at my response. "That's so soon! I have to start planning!"
I cracked a laugh at that.
"hey... wait... That also means you're older than I am?!?"

"I guess so." I said scratching my neck.

"guess i'll have to call you, Oppa!" she said while doing aegyo.
I felt heat going in all the wrong places.
"y/n... stop that."

"hm? stop what, oppa?" she said innocently.

"you know what you're doing..."

"w-what?" she blushed, realizing now what she did.

"sh-shut up as just eat your cake, you weirdo!"
----------------------

The cake was damn near identical to what i remembered cake being like. It gave off nostalgia and reminded me of all the times when I had cake as a kid, my memory gets kinda fuzzy trying to remember.

"Hey, y/n?" I asked. "where did you get this cake?"

She put down her fork and swallowed.
"where else? I drove down to our favorite bakery?" she said giggling at the thought.

"what's so funny?" I asked.

"oh nothing, i just remembered the cute worker there." she awed.

I cocked a brow at that statement.
"cute worker?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"yeah! he had the cutest puppy smile and was so polite."
I don't know when it started, but having to listen to compliments about other guys was really starting to piss me off.

"what was his name?"

"ahh i didn't have a chance to get his name." she said pouting. "I guess that means i should go back and ask, right?" she smiled.

I felt my hands ball up into fists.
"No."

"w-what? why not?" she asked.

"You're not going there anymore without me."

To be continued...
-------------------------------------------------

A/n: Thank you for reading this far into polar opposites!! I'm so happy that the story line is starting to pick up! I can't wait to add what I have planned.
This story is only beginning hehe.
Happy Holidays everyone!!
-Kimjiilee<3