And so, he posted our song on YouTube and SoundCloud. Even got permission to post it on Spotify - thanks to some strings my dad pulled.

Thanks, Vincenzo.

We had rented a studio, and Violet just started playing the guitar while Nick did the bass.

We had rented the whole studio for ourselves, not having a single clue on what to do. We didn't have a producer or a manager to tell us what to do or how I should've sung it better.

We just did what felt right and Caleb knew a thing or two about the buttons, so we had our fun.

The song was soft. It was weird hearing my voice through the speakers. Violet played the electric guitar and Caleb sometimes joined in when I was singing, adding a gentle hum or Vi adding the high notes.

It felt like it came out of the eighties. We didn't add any digital stuff or sounds, only instruments since we didn't know any better.

We all listened back to it and loved it, since we had our very first song in our hands and didn't care how bad or good it was.

We did it, and that was all that mattered. Delilah loved the song, and she kept on cheering us on throughout everything.

And so, Caleb posted the song online. We all went to sleep, having had some good laughs but nothing else.

Caleb hadn't added any of our names. Just put it under the name Icarus. Yet, a week later, it reached us back.

On the radio.

On TikTok.

Instagram.

Twitter.

Even Facebook.

We went through the week without suspecting anything, too busy with college and finals to really realize what was happening.

Questions like 'Who is Icarus?' popped up everywhere. People loved my voice. Loved the raw instruments in the back and the dynamic the song brought.

And that song, that one song, brought us here today.

Waiting outside ready to be interviewed by a famous YouTube channel.

We've gained some popularity over the past two years. We did some shows.

We did some shows.

Not necessarily big ones. But they were still shows. The fact that people know the lyrics and sing along is so much more than what I could've asked for.

We have gained a few million followers on Instagram after we have given away our identity since it was a must to make it so far.

'Breathless' was our first hit. The one that got us recognition and the reason why we're sitting here.

We're sitting in a long hallway, filled with doors and red signs. Sometimes, some people pass us while we wait patiently.

"Aren't we supposed to have a room for ourselves?" Violet asks, boredom laced through her voice.

"I believe so," I snort, "but we're not that privileged yet."

Delilah did our make-up right before we left, wishing us good luck. Delilah and my family have been my only sense of reality. Everything else feels like a dream, and the same goes for the others.

Violet still can't believe that people know her name, even after two years of being in the spotlight.

It hasn't really settled in with her. But I understand.