Chapter 5: Surprises and Witches

Hiccup POV

I listen as Astrid sings the lullaby to Hope.

She has a beautiful voice, I listen carefully before entering making sure she's asleep.

I walk in to find Hope cuddled against her side. I kiss Hope's forehead before pulling the blanket a little more over her.

I walk over to the other side of the bed, shaking Astrid gently.

"Astrid" I say shaking her, she doesn't wake up only keeps sleeping. "Sleep well" I whisper as I walk back out.

I close the door before sighing and walking to my office to keep working.

~The Next Day~

Astrid POV

I hear giggles before my eyes flutter open. I find Hope coloring.

"Well good morning to you too" I yawn stretching. she giggles before she sits in front of me.

""Wait you have school!" I say before getting up and looking around the dressers.

"I'm all ready for school, I just got to eat" she says as she smiles. "then let's go come on" I say grabbing her hand and pulling her hand with me.

***

We walk downstairs to find Hiccup, making pancakes, Hope squeals.

He turns around and smiles, she runs into his arms as he picks her up. "Good morning" he says as she giggles and wraps her arms around his neck.

"Now come on and eat" he says as he sets her down. "okay!" She squeaks before sitting down in the dining table.

He serves her a pancake on a plate, she eats happily. "you want one?" He asks me. "sure why not" I say as he gives me one.

I eat, until Hope gets up. "I'm done" she says as I smile, "then go brush your teeth" I say as she nods and skips out happily out of the kitchen.

I laugh as I keep eating, "you want more?" Asks Hiccup, "no thanks" I say as I take a drink of juice.

"Today I'm gonna have a work partner come here so you might wanna keep Hope out of my office" he says as I nod.

"Why don't you spend more time with her?" I say as I take my dishes to the sink.

"Work" he says as he leans against the counter. I giggle, "sometimes there's more than just work, think about it" I say as I leave and walk out to find Hope happily walking down the stairs.

Her backpack bouncing against her back, she reaches the bottom and smiles warmly at me.

"Ms. H-Hope Theo I-is waiting f-for you" says the same guy who let me in yesterday who I assume is the butler.

"Okay, bye Bruno" she says as he kisses the top of her head, she smiles and walks out the door.

"Cute g-girl isn't s-she?" He stutters, "yup" I say as I sigh. "do you always stutter?" I say as he chuckles.

"Y-yes" he says as I laugh, "Astrid" says Hiccup from the kitchen, I turn to meet his gaze.

"You want a tour of the house? Since you'll be working here" he says as I nod, "sure" I say smiling kindly, he doesn't return the smile.

"Ladies first" he chuckles, I giggle as I walk up the steps him narrating every part of the house.

~•~•~•~•~

"Well thank you for the tour" I say before he chuckles once more, "were not done yet this is you're room" he says opening a door revealing a bed covered with blue sheets.

"Wait I get a room?" I ask a little puzzled, "it's mostly incase Hope gets sick, if I'm at work and stay after hours you can be here to take care of her" he says as I nod.

"S-sir" says Bruno knocking in the door making me jump, "m-ms. Dunbroch i-is here" he says as Hiccup nods.

You can walk around, go get settled in and wait for Hope I have important things to do" says Hiccup as he clears his throat and leaves.

"He seems cold" I say as Bruno chuckles, "h-he's always b-been like t-that since h-his mother d-died, he t-turned cold" he says as I sigh.

"Well let's go see if Hope is back" I say as he nods, "l-let's go" he says as we walk downstairs.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"Hope!" I say as she runs over to me hugging my leg, I smile. "How was school?" I ask.

She let's go and smiles, "it was good but I really miss Hiccy" she says as I giggle, she walks into his office before I remember some lady whoever she is came.

"Hope" I say walking in, to find Hiccup holding Hope. she snuggles her face into his chest.

"Merida this is my little sister Hope" he says before I mentally face palm myself. Sister! Not daughter! Keep that in mind.

"Aww aren't you cute" she says as I cross my arms over my chest, I don't like her she doesn't like Hope just look at her eyes.

I try and not glare, she tries to take Hope into her arms but doesn't let go. "here" I say as Hope let's go of Hiccup and smiles and when she sees me.

"I'll be back I need to get something" says Hiccup as he leaves. "I'll hold her" says Merida as I step back. "no thanks I got her" I say smiling.

She doesn't give me a good vibe to be honest. all that I feel around her us Danger! From that crazy wild haired lady!

"Come on Hope let's go do your homework" I say as Merida glares at me as I leave.

Well I hate you too.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"I have to go get something I'll be back" says Hope running out of my room, I giggle.

Hope POV

I run down the stairs, trying to find my crayons.

I keep running before running into that red lady. "Oh are you okay?" She asks, stranger danger!

I try and run away, "can you go away" I snap, "you ungrateful brat" she says as I kick her leg. "Brat!" She spats as I stuck my tongue out and walk up the steps.

"Your a meanie, a very big meanie" i say walking up the stairs, forget the crayons I want to hit that mean lady.

I will find a stick and I will hit her.

Astrid POV

"I don't like that mean lady" says Hope as I smile, "me too" I say as she giggles. "let's grab a stick and hit her" she says as I laug.h "we can't or else your da-brother is gonna get mad" I say as she sighs.

"Let's go eat" she says as I giggle pulling her into my lap, "we will but for now we plot our revenge" I say as she giggles grabbing a piece if paper and a crayon.

Sweet, sweet revenge.

~
Hello!

Sorry I haven't updated! I've been on my other account and at a party.

Anyway I know it was boring I think the next one you'll like, you'll see why.

1) what do you think they're revenge will be?

Tell me in Le comments! Thanks for reading!

~Snow302~