𝟎𝟎𝟓 synonym of stupid: yiren

chapter five

chapter five.
HELL

TOMATO, TOMATO. POTATO, POTATO. Data, data. Stupid and Yiren. Yeah, they're the same thing.

You reading this, you might have thought, "Yiren, just because a person helps you in a survival game does not mean they have feelings for you." Right? That was something she couldn't help but blurt out, okay? A beautiful, extremely beautiful girl was staring at her. But goodness, "You definitely have a crush on me?" We'll see how you recover from this, Yiren.

They all returned to that dreck of a room. They were exhausted, terrified, enraged, confused— you name it, they were feeling everything. Yiren and number 067 sat close together, with only a few inches between them. It was unpleasant to say the least after Yiren said those seven words out of the blue. Every now and then, the two girls would exchange glances to make sure the other was okay. "Look, I—," Yiren began, but was cut off by the guys in jumpsuits who entered the room. Number 067 was fast to rise, helping Yiren in doing so as well. Maybe she forgot about it?

"You have all made it through the first game. Congratulations." Oh right, congratulations for not dying you mean? Yeah, thanks. "You're moving on. I will now announce the results of the first game."

The number of persons in the game was listed on the screen above him: 456, which rapidly and tragically decreased to 201. "Out of 456 players, 255 were eliminated, and 201 successful completed the first game." 255 people lost their lives. . . Yiren was on the verge of throwing up.

Death, death, death, death, death.

It echoed everywhere. In her ears, silence wailed. In her eyes, words screamed help. Everyone in her immediate vicinity gradually felt the walls of desire to win crumble. It was no longer a question of winning, but of surviving. They had to survive. Number 067 took her hand in hers and intertwined their fingers, sensing her discomfort.

"Mister please. Listen, I'm so sorry. I swear I will pay what I owe. I'll do it, I'll pay it all." a woman in her mid-30s took the initiative and came forward. She pleaded, pleaded, pleaded to the guards, even kneeling down and wailing. "I have a child." She couldn't take it anymore while others pleaded to give them a chance to leave.

Yiren was upset. She looked around; everyone of them had a family who was presumably unaware of their whereabouts. They could have been a grandparent, a parent, a significant other, a sibling, or a friend to someone.

"Are you okay?" number 067 spoke clearly concerned. "Yeah, don't worry. Are you?" She replied hesitantly again, afraid of throwing up if she opened her mouth too wide. Number 067 gave her a slight nod, looking around her face still not convinced. After hearing someone yell, "Just keep your damn money, I don't care!," the two, who were too preoccupied staring at each other, one in worry, the other in amazement to see someone care for her that much, were pulled back to reality.  "Let me just go home. That's all I want." he continued. Immediately after, shouts were heard, "Let us leave." "Let us go."