Chapter 20

Melanie Wright

Ty has been blowing up my phone begging and pleading for me to call him or apologizing for three weeks now. Nah, I'm good on all that. He should've thought about that shit when he choose them over me. When he laughed in my face - like that shit was funny. He should've thought about that before he disrespected me. There's a thin line between love and hate and I'm right in the middle of it. Unless, he's calling for the kids we don't have nothing to talk about. He can't be mad when he find out another nigga took his place either. My relationship with Damien is good. He treats me how I'm supposed to be treated. He take me out - I'm not saying that's all to it I'm just throwing out things at the moment. I got out of bed and got ready for our date - when I say our I mean all of us. Damien is taking the kids and I to the zoo, then out to eat. Before I do anything else I need to talk to the kids first. I walk out my room and head to the game room.

"Mommy has something to say." I said, sitting on the couch. They stopped what they were doing and came to sit next to me.

"What mommy?" They asked.

"Mommy and daddy aren't together anymore, so he will not be here as much." I paused to make sure they were listening. When I seen they were I continued. "Mommy has a friend guy now and I really like him."

"Can we still see daddy?" Kam asked. I nodded.

"Whenever you want."

"Okay."

"Is it Damien?" Kei asked. I nodded.

"How you know?" I asked.

"He looks at you like daddy does." She said. Wow.

"So you guys aren't mad at mommy?" I asked. They shook their heads no.

"Damien is funny mommy. I like him." Ky said. I'm glad my kids have met him plenty of times at parties and stuff because I really didn't need to be introducing them to some stranger. I'm also glad that when Ty finds out - which I know he will - it won't be that bad as it was with Luke. If you don't remember Luke, he was the dude I dated when Kei was a couple months old. Anyways, it's not like I'm dating a stranger.

"Okay, so he is taking us to the zoo, today." I said. They screamed and clapped. I laughed.

"Let's get you all ready for today." I said. We all walked out of the game room and up to my room. We needed to be showered, dressed, and out of here in the next two hours.

"Let's get a move on."

《《《》》》

It wasn't that hot out today. 75 to be exact. I made sure we were all dressed comfortable and light.

I had on a Monsoon Relaxed Shirt Dress, Henri Bendel Jetsetter Jelly Sandals, Marc by Marc Jacobs Donut Crossbody Bag, and Charlotte Russe Rhinestone Watch and Bracelets Set. I placed my hair in a high bun.

Kam had on Kinder Mädchen Denim Jeans, a COOL KID T-shirt, and some Air Jordan 10's. He had already had his hair cut a week ago, so he was good to go.

Kei had on a Truly Me Purple Floral Combo Jumper, Madison Harding Khaki Suede 'Glossina' Lace UpSide Flat Sandals, and some studded earrings in her ear. I put her hair in a bun.

Ky had on Paper Wings Girls Denim Heart Pocket Shorts, Dr. McStuffins Love Love Love Short Sleeve T-Shirt,
Monsoon Multi Flower Beaded Sandals, some studded earrings too. I put her hair in two fish braids.

Once we were dressed and ready we walked out the door. Damien told me that he would meet us there. I never knew what he was up to.

I made sure the kids were secured in their seats before getting in. I did my usual thing when I got in; turn the car on, then the AC, then plug my phone to the AUX cord. K. Michelle - Love Em All came on. This my song!

Heart beats, but I don't feel
I touch, but it ain't real
They say I move too fast
Going man to man
Always holding a new hand
Why can't they understand
Sex is irrelevant
Just a game in my head, I'm playing and I'm winning

(Oh) I broke another heart today
(Oh) and I didn't care I just walked away

'Cause they think I love 'em
But I love 'em all, love 'em all ye-yeah
I need another one to get over the other one
Another one, ye-yeah
'Cause they think I love 'em
But I love 'em all, love 'em all ye-yeah
I need another one to get over the other one
Another one, ye-yeah

They all wait for my call
They all want me to fall
All these men, they're a mess
Want me like the rest
I'm content not giving my best

Why can't they understand
Sex is irrelevant
Just a game in my head, I'm playing and I'm winning

(Oh) I broke another heart today
(Oh) and I didn't care I just walked away

'Cause they think I love 'em
But I love 'em all, love 'em all ye-yeah
I need another one to get over the other one
Another one, ye-yeah
'Cause they think I love 'em
But I love 'em all, love 'em all ye-yeah
I need another one to get over the other one
Another one, ye-yeah...

I sung along with her. I glanced in the rear view mirror at the kids to see the twins looking out the window and Kei singing. I drove down the highway, bobbing my head to the song.

When we pulled up to the zoo the parking lot was half full since it was still kinda early. I got a good spot under some shade. I called Damien to see where he was. Once I found out where he was we got out the car.

"Kam grab your sister's hand and Kei you grab the other." I said, hitting the lock button on my key. I grabbed Kei's hand and we made our way toward the entrance. I spotted my tall, dark, and handsome standing out front looking good as ever.

Damn. Today was going to be a good day - indeed.

Tyrese James

I was pissed at myself for letting Apples get to me. I ended up ruining my relationship, now Mel don't want shit to do with me and I can't have that. I need my girl back. Shit ain't the same without her or my kids. I never should've pretended to be something I'm not. I never should've gave up on what I had at home. I never should've disrespected her or our home like that. I should've just believed Mel from the beginning. Hell she don't fuck with none of us to be honest. We don't have no one that make us laugh at shit that's not even funny. No one that talks shit and puts us in our place. No one that can still be mean and nice at the same time. Well we do, but no one could ever fill Mel's shoes. She's just one of a kind. I honestly didn't know what I was going to do at the moment. All I knew is that I needed my girl back.

A/N:

I haven't slept in 24 hours....lol

Mel and the Kids Outfits in MM.

The kids okay with Damien and Mel being together.

What are your thoughts about the kids being okay with Mel and Damien?

He took them out.

Ty in his feelings!

Know we know who putting bugs in Ty ear. That damn Apples!

I sense more drama coming.

One more chapter dealing with Mel and Ty, then on to the Brit, Mike, Dre, and Quinta, drama.