bonus chapter³⁷

Start from the beginning

with that, he disappeared into the house. he doesn't re-emerge, but younghui appeared, looking angry as he mumbled something under his breath. he then turned his eyes upwards and his frown faded into an attempted smile.

"hey," he says and chen just runs over and hugs the shorter. "what the — "

"you always say hugging makes you feel better," chen told him when he pulled away from the confused yonghui.

"oh, well," yonghui lightly pushed aside chen to address the other two. "hey yun. hey jungmyung."

"hey," jungmyung grinned. "xiaodan said yongnian ate your white seed biscuits. we can totally go get some to make your day brighter."

"yeah," yun chirped. he liked that idea. "i'll pay."

"oh, then," yonghui nodded. "that's alright, then."

with that agreement, they sent off. yun wanted to walk since the village wasn't too far away from where yonghui lived. it let him see all the houses in the neighbourhood, with the collection of various flowers in many colourful colours or the ponds full of fish that glowed and had crescent moons on their backs.

soon the number houses decrease and turn into buildings on either side of the stone street that cut through them, the various shops directly lining the street. it was crowded with many people, some craning their neck to get a look at the young prince as he walked amongst his group of friends.

"everyone's looking at me," yun mumbled, feeling annoyed. "i don't like it."

"here," jungmyung purposefully walked right up beside him, blocking a few people's eyes from seeing him due to his height — jungmyung was a head taller than yun.

"that works, i guess," yun says softly, his heart feeling fuzzy.

they soon reach the local bakery, their noses greeted with the smell of freshly baked goods that the shop was full of. chen makes his way over to the front counter with his charming box-like smile that never fails to win someone over.

the only person apparently strong enough to fight it was chen's dad, kun and only kun.

the black-haired boy at the front counter immediately recognised them. "isn't it the dream team?"

"isn't it wong zihao?" chen shot back. "mad you have to work today?"

"no, i like actually being helpful," zihao furrowed his perfect eyebrows, a trait he inherited from one of his parents. "what do you want, you lot?"

"that's not polite or welcoming," chen said with a chuckle. "two white seed biscuits. you want two, right, yong?"

"make that, uh, seven," yun spoke up. "some for me, my brother, and my parents."

"alright," zihao then paused after he glanced away. "we only have two. i think my papa just got done making some more. papa!"

after a few moments, the back door opened, revealing dejun with a tray of fresh out of the oven biscuits. "yes, zihao?"

"we need seven of those," zihao pointed to the tray.

"oh, then take them!" dejun said cheerfully. "oh hello everyone!"

"hello uncle dejun," yun said politely with a smile.

"tell your parents and brother me and hendery say hi," dejun said cheerfully.

"will do!" yun replies.

zihao bags the seven warm biscuits and hands the bag over the counter to yun, who pays with coins from his pocket. zihao takes them and smiles at everyone else but chen and the dream team exit the bakery.