04

At walking speed, a dark gray Ferrari F12 rolled up on the road next to Jyn, who was walking on a gravel path, and just at the time she was coming from Owen Shaw, as well as on her way to get a new car.... To get. However. Was that surprising? In a way, no. Stubbornly, she looked straight ahead, trudging along the uneven ground of the oh-so-great path, and finally, then stopped. After five minutes. If someone rolled for five minutes, next to one, this is enough by lengths to cause a provocation. It annoyed immensely. Continuing to look straight ahead, Jyn opened the door and slid into the car. Finally, she rested her elbow on the narrow ledge on the window, propped her chin with her palm, and looked outside. Beautiful night. Really beautiful.

"Can you look at me, too?" the man in the driver's seat asked, but this elicited no response from Jyn as she looked steadfastly outside, "Jyn..... okay. Man, I don't blame you for what's happening. It's just...."

Nothing. Without a word or even looking to the side for a moment, Jyn moved her lower jaw from left to right and then tilted her head to the side as if she had just seen something outside that caught her attention.

"Sweet..... what do you want me to say? What do you want me to say now so you'll look at me?" waiting to see if anything else came, the man took Jyn's hand, pressed the backs of his fingers to his lips and stroked the back of her hand with his thumb, "You know you could have said no."

"It's dark. Sunglasses at night. Need I say more about that? I guess not," Jyn replied coolly, waiting a while longer before turning her head to him and looking at him blankly, "Do you even get why I'm in this in the first place? It's none of my business. And it's none of yours either, really. Those days are over. A long time ago."

"I know, but some things never change, though. It was already like that then and it will always be like that," if that was, will be, or should be an excuse, it was a pretty bad one, "Some people don't change, even though the best example has already been set for them. Nothing learned from the past. And after all these years, he still hasn't learned anything."

"Did you seriously think Owen Shaw would learn from what he has done and is doing? Someone else did at least...... he had no choice. "With a faint smile on her lips, Jyn put her hand behind the driver's ear, rubbed her thumb across his cheek, and gave him a fleeting kiss on the lips before the next one grew longer and she began to whisper, "I'll be gone so much faster than you know should you ever blame me again for something I can't help. So much faster."

"You completely forgot one little thing though," before Jyn could ask, the man pointed to the silver ring on her right hand, "You're mine and quite honestly, I wouldn't let you go."

"To you..... not you. If, I belong to you. People can't be owned," Jyn corrected him, furrowing her eyebrows and pointing to the ignition, snapping, "You owe me a car. Thanks to dirm, mine turned into a stock car."

Under guarantee, Jyn would not get the keys to that car. But again, he didn't have to wait in line because it wouldn't be long before he had a new car.

On the outskirts of London, the Ferrari drove onto the grounds of an old waterworks and parked in front of a hall, where shivers immediately ran down Jyn's spine. Opening the car door, she looked around with a questionable look, put her hands on the edge of the door and the roof, and knew right away she wouldn't stay here any longer than necessary.

Barely inside, Jyn was tossed a set of keys that had to belong to a black Jaguar. Nice. At least now she had herself a car again. She then walked over to the table, where without warning a Glock was held out to her, a second magazine right behind it and something that resembled a puck. Weight would fit the bill.

"To arm it, hold the button down briefly and wait for this light to start flashing. After that, you have about ten seconds until it goes off. "The way the man had explained it, it sounded like it was nothing special, but natural and perfectly normal. "More explosive than any hand grenade. Otherwise.... this one has twelve rounds."

"May I remind you of something?" but as if the man had overheard the question, he had long since stuck a knife in one of Jyn's boots, checked the magazine once, and then, handed the pistol back to her, "I'm not you."

"You won't need more than twenty-four rounds. Even if you don't hit it on the first try, that's quite enough," he continued steadfastly, causing Jyn to barely noticeably shake her head and watch him silently, "I know your hit rate from so the second one is just for emergencies....."

"Hey..... hey..... hey...... HEY?!", again and again Jyn had repeated it quite calmly, hoping the man would start to listen for once, but she had been wrong in that, which is why she had gotten a little louder on the last word, which had, however, made him stop packing up everything possible and finally look at her, "I. I..... I am not an elite.... Elite soldier from some special unit. Okay? I 'merely' had 'basic training' and for a few years, still your elite.... I don't know what kind of stuff came with it, well a few years, but I'm not you. I'm not..... you. You've been doing this your whole life and you think I could do it after a few years with you? Maybe you take it all for granted....."

"Is there going to be a pause where you finally catch your breath?" the man amusedly interrupted Jyn, putting the 'puck' and gun aside and putting his hands on her neck, "No, you're not like me and for that, I'm glad. If you hadn't been good at your job, this conflict of interest would never have happened. Accordingly, I can assume that you shouldn't have any big problems. Just, good preparation can be an advantage. You never know. There are always surprises. Even I wasn't prepared for one."

"Pretty fucked up, considering where that got you," Jyn retorts with a smile, grabbing his wrists and looking over at the table, "But first, take it down two, three, or even five gears, and then..... only then, we'll move on."

If this was good preparation for something so ridiculous, Jyn didn't even want to know what his preparation was for something big. No, she didn't.