Training and Tests

/Nezuko Pov/

We started to head to the mountain we are training at with Urokodaki. Takeo has been quiet as he and I exchange carrying the basket. Tanjiro hasn't moved at all; however, I can hear him make a purr like noise signaling he is sleeping.

Night is upon us again; Takeo has the hatchet and we set down the basket containing our sleeping demonic brother. His eyes fluttered open showing his bright blood red eyes with dark blood red pupils. The purple-red eyes I grew up knowing weren't there, but I am determined for all our sakes to get our brother back to normal. I miss the conversations about our day, and Tanjiro trying to buy me another kimono no matter how much I tell him not to. He walks over to me still in child size and hugs me. He can sense my depressed mood.  He grows taller and walks next to Takeo and me. As we pass by a house, Tanjiro stops walking and stares at the house. He walks over to the house, and we follow, he opens the door and there lies more corpses. Yet again, there is a house soaked in blood with cold corpses and a demon crunching on human flesh. The demon looked at us, Tanjiro just stared at the corpses looking lost. The demon jumped at me, and has its hand around my neck, I did my best to prevent it from crushing my wondering pipes. Until Takeo came over and started to hit its neck with the hatchet. The demon kicked him, and he flew backwards. Takeo stumbled to his feet, and the demon healed instantly as his grip tightened around my neck. Just then, Tanjiro ran over and kicked his head off its shoulders. The demon wrapped it hair around the hatchet that was now in my hands, and I stuck it to the tree. The demon started to talk to us, while we were distracted. His body stood up and attacked Takeo, he did his best to dodge until Tanjiro kicked the body off a cliff. The head was pinned to the tree where I left it when I returned. I wasn't sure on how to kill it, Takeo looked around and spotted a rock. "What if we bash it's skull in like Tanjiro did on the mountain by our home." He said a bit too calmly, I just nodded. I mean it sounds like a good idea, but just how easy will it be. He picked up the rock and was about to hit the demon on the head. I noticed the struggle he had in picking up the rock, and by the looks of it so did Tanjiro. Tanjiro placed his hand on Takeo's shoulder and shook his head. Tanjiro lifted his leg up and destroyed the demon's head. Just then Tanjiro ran into the house leaving us confused, until the sun came up. We ran over to the house and left the basket our for our demon brother to get inside. I noticed Takeo looking around, only to stop and stare at a man with a look of confusion and sorrow as I look at the graves he dug. I hear Tanjiro shuffle around and nice into the basket. Once the noise stopped, I opened the door and let the sun creep into the blood-soaked house. I pick up the blanket covered basket, tie the blanket and put it on my back. I am a bit upset that I couldn't figure out what was happening before it did. "So, you're the kids that Tomioka sent my way?" Said the man in the red mask.

/Man in the Red Mask Pov/

These two kids seem to be able to think about their situation with realistic ideas, but they seem too unfocused. I guess that us to be expected seeing how their family was slaughtered a few days ago, and their brother is now a demon. Their brother seemed shocked at the sight of the corpses; he wasn't even drooling over them. He was simply given a grim reminder that his family was in the same situation. But when it came down to it, he did whatever he needed to in order to protect his siblings.

"My name is Urokodaki Sakonji, your test begins now, follow and keep up with me until we get back to my place." I said to them. They nodded and walked over to the basket containing their brother and then followed me to my house.

By the time we had ran all the way to my house with them occasionally switching the basket from each other's back. They were winded.

"So did we pass the test?" the older girl said out of breath. "Test, this wasn't the test. This was a trial basis your real test begins shortly. If you pass, I will make you my students and train you to be demon slayers. If you pass my final test after your training, you will be permitted to take the Demon Slayer Corps' test." They both stared at me with wide eyes.  "By the way, what are your names?" The girl in a pink kimono replied in a sweet tone saying and motioned to each person she referred to as she talked " Well my name is Kamado Nezuko, this is my little brother Kamado Takeo, and my older brother Kamado Tanjiro. " 

I gave them a moment to rest and let their brother sleep before I took them to the test. Once we walked up the mountain and the sun had started to set, I explain the test. "In order to pass you must make up down the mountain before the sun rises. Complete this task and I shall train you." They nodded and I disappeared and headed down the mountain and into my lodge. 

/3rd Pov/ 

Takeo and Nezuko were standing at the top of the mountain. They started to run down the mountain hoping to make it there is time, but they were immediately stopped by traps set on the mountain by Urokodaki. They stepped back to the top and fell over. They were in pain, covered in bruises and were exhausted. The drowsiness from running all day, walking up the mountain, and the beating they just took really affected their bodies. They decided to make a plan as they sat there and recovered a bit. "So, what if I use my heat tracker to detect traces of heat from Urokodaki's body on the traps and you predict where they are coming from as well as what they will be while using your danger sense to prevent us from getting anymore damaged than we already are." says Takeo wanting to get back and rest as soon as humanly possible. "I think that is a fairly good idea but are you sure you want to leave so much in my hands." Nezuko says kind of nervous. Takeo flashes a sympathetic smile that turn into a toothy grin. "I can't imagine it any other way." Nezuko smiles and nods. They get up and start to try again on the trail down the mountain. They start to doge and disable traps while still getting hit by a lot of them seeing how they aren't in perfect sync. The make it all the way down covered in bruises and blood before the sun has risen. They walk to the door of Urokodaki's hut. However, they don't seem to make inside before exhaustion takes them within its grasp. The fall asleep leaning against the hut sleeping still in each other arms and warmth.

Urokodaki wakes up just before the sun rises to realize that the children haven't returned. He begins to believe that they aren't going to pass and become his students. He walks to the door getting ready to find them and tell them that they aren't ready for the Demon Slayer Corps. He opens the door and hear soft breathing next to him; he looks down only to see the two children sleeping again his hut. He leans down and shakes them awake. "Congratulations, you have passed my trial." 

They look at each other with delight and hug. Urokodaki helps them both up and runs them a warm bath before sending them into a room with their brother to rest. They both try to wake Tanjiro only to receive no response. The worry but decide to leave it be for now as they have had a rough time these past few days. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everybody, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I am going to try my best to post chapter more often, but I can't make any promises. Any who take care and seeya nextime ;3

Bai~