The Beginning of Sorrow

|Tanjiro Pov|

As I have gathered firewood and completely loaded the basket to the brim and put it on my back. I was about to head down the mountain, until two little dark-haired children stopped me. A little girl with short hair and bangs with ombre black to pink eyes in a pink haori over a beige kimono, and a little boy with dark hair and a buzz cut with a dew green haori and a dew green and black checkered shirt with black pants. (I hope it's right.... Lemme know if I messed up the outfit description, I'm not worried about the colors but the clothing itself I am a bit worried I messed up so... Yeah just let me know.) They grabbed onto my legs begging me to come with me down the mountain with me as I sold wood to the people who lived there. My mother, a beautiful woman in a white covering and a hood over a purple checkered kimono and her hair is dark as night tied back in her hood with pale skin and amethyst purple eyes and lastly a beauty mark by her mouth, walked over to us "Kids you would only slow your brother down. " she says sweetly as she pats them on their heads. She turns to me and giggles. "Now, before you head down, we might want to take care of the mess on your face." She said as she bent down closed to my level and grabbed the end of her cover and wiped the blackish soot off my face. They both looked at me with a pleading look. " Oni~Chan! " Shigeru says to me as they both run up to me and grab onto my darker green checkered haori. They both look up to me as Hanako tells me "We promise we will be a big help. " I look at her and smile. " I believe you guys can be a big help, " I say as her face brightens, "But you guys are staying here today." She then gives me a shocked expression and lets out a whine. I pat them both on the head as Takeo, a black hair boy with shaggy hair and pale skin with a beauty mark under his light pink eyes. He looked over to us hold the axe, "Takeo, think you can cut down more wood." I say to him. " Ya, I guess so," he says before he looks away pouting " I was kind of hoping we could do it together though... " he says in a mumble. I walk over and start to ruffle his hair "Hopefully we can next time. " He jumps away from embarrassed and shouting nonsense. We all laugh, then I start to descend the mountain. I wave as I walk towards the town, and their waving figures become smaller. Just then I run into Nezuko. My beautiful little sister with dark hair and pale skin, with beautiful pink eyes. She wore a pink kimono and was covered in a white blanket that covered our sleeping youngest sibling, Rokuta. I saw his dark hair and blue kimono peeking out of the blanket a bit. "Oni~Chan" Nezuko says as sweet as ever. "Nezuko" I say softly, knowing Rokuta is asleep. "Heading down the mountain again huh, it's a good thing I had just put Rokuta down for a nap. Or else he would have made a fuss about you leaving. " she says to me softly and sweetly with a hint of worry. I return the worried gaze to her before laying my hand on his head. "Ever since dad passed away, he's been glued to you. It might be due to how alike you and dad look. " she smiles at me, as I walk around her and start heading down the mountain again, but this time it's with a smile. " Good Luck and come home safe!!" Nezuko whisper shouts at me, I turn halfway around and wave then head straight down the usual path.

Time Skip brought to you by my laziness

I was walking back up the mountain and the sun had already pretty much gone done. There was no sun or moon in the sky, yet it wasn't pitch black, there was some light luminating my path. "Hey, Tanjiro," says an older man that goes by Old Man Saburo who lives on the outskirts of the village. "You should not be walking around out at night, demon come out and attack villages and homes like their buffets." He says with a hint of demand and anger in his voice, "Hurry up and get inside will ya." I was about to reply, until I got an overloading scent of blood due to the intense nightly winds. I was struck by fear, but there was someone there too, not someone something... A demon. I was raced back home, I hear Saburo calling me in the distance, but I didn't care. I had to get home, so I bolted up the mountain. My icy lungs and strong winds were fighting my every move, but I kept running.

⚠️Gore Warning ⚠️

When I arrived home I saw a bloody corpse, I was so terrified of what I saw I couldn't tell who it was. I got closer and bent down to the still body, I identified him as Rokuta, my mouth was dry. I was in shock, so much shock I couldn't make a noise... I felt the body, there was no sign of life inside him. No pulse, no warmth at all. I looked inside and there was everyone else on the floor covered in each other's blood. But the demon scent and a malice filled Aura radiated off of him. I sat there filled with more shock as I watched my sister, Nezuko struggle to continue to fight him. I ran over to where the axe was stuck in the wall. "Takeo must've thrown it at him" I think to myself pulling it out of the wall, I grabbed it and swung it at him, he didn't seem fazed as he dodged it with ease. I struck at his arm, and he dropped Nezuko, then he attacked me next. I put up a fight, but it was useless. I fell to the ground exhausted. He smiled maniacally and left. I passed out from exhaustion.

|Third Pov|

The sun rose, but the blood-soaked snow and house were filled with despair. The sun brought hope, but it was too late. Nezuko woke up and looked around to find her family massacred. She went around looking for a pulse and ended up finding two pulses. She had hope, but not very much......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, let me know what you think about this story. Also, I wasn't sure what the clothing items were called so if I messed up let me know and I will fix it.

Seeya next time 😊