𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Start from the beginning

"I thought you knew what you signed up for. And what does Y/N have to do with it-"

"Can't you tell? She's your girlfriend and you're treating her like an orange peel on the sidewalk." Ron voiced, making them all glance at me.

"You truly feel that way, Y/N?-"

"Yes, she does." Ron answered for me. I stood awkwardly as he went on, "But that's not the point."

"Well then I'm sorry but, I don't quite understand," Harry stepped down from the table to reach out level, "What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we'd be staying in a five-star hotel finding a Horcrux every other day? You thought you'd be back with your mom by Christmas?"

"I just thought after all this time we would have actually achieved something," Ron raised his voice in aggravation, "I thought you knew what you were doing- that Dumbledore would've told you something worthwhile."

"The Horcrux, Ron-"

"I thought you had a plan!" Ron shouted over me.

"I told you everything Dumbledore told me and, in case you haven't noticed, we have found a Horcrux already." Harry motioned to Ron's chest.

"Yeah, and we're about as close to getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them, aren't we?" Ron responded, making Hermione's heartbeat pick up in speed.

"Ron, please take-" She reached for his chest only to be shoved away, "Please take the Horcrux off-" He pushed her way again, "-You wouldn't be saying any of this is you hadn't been wearing it all day." She teared up.

"Do you want to know why I listen to that radio every night?" Ron ignored her.

"Ron.." I stepped forward and he grabbed my wrist, making Harry look down at our sudden contact.

"To make sure I don't hear Ginny's name, or Fred, or George, or mum." Ron panted out.

"What, do you think I'm not listening too?!" Harry belted with clear emotion, "You think I don't know how this feels?!-"

"No, you don't know how it feels!" Ron replied.

'Oh no. Don't say it-'

"Your parents are dead." Ron spat out without hesitation, making Hermione jump back a bit, "You have no family."

After that, Harry charged at him, getting ready to fight as Hermione tried breaking it up, "Stop! STOP IT!"

Ron struggled against his but managed to get him off, harshly shoving him away.

"FINE THEN, GO! GO THEN!" Harry yelled with ragged breaths.

Ron stared at him, his eyes showing nothing but rage before he took the locket off and threw it. I caught it and slipped it on over my head, not thinking much of it, too in the heat of the moment.

"Ron.." Hermione spoke quietly as Ron grabbed his things.

"And you?" Ron looked at her, standing in front of the exit, "Are you coming or are you staying?" Ron asked agitatedly.

She made a face that expressed that she was in shock and looked back at Harry. Ron followed her line of sight and curled his lip.

"Fine. I get it." Ron huffed, "We saw you two the other night."

Harry stopped his exaggerated breaths and peered at me, his eyes showing confusion and regret.

But it only made me feel angry, like I wanted to hurt him for what he did.

"Ron, that's-" Hermione inhaled, "That's nothing." She cried.

"Y/N.." Harry reached out to me but I pushed his hand away.

"Don't "Y/N" me, Harry." I mocked him with a fast beating heart, "Don't try and pretend it was an accident when you know it was done on purpose."

"Darling, no, you don't understand. Please just- give me the locket." Harry stepped closer with watery eyes but I stepped away.

Ron watched us as Hermione watched him, her eyes leaking rapidly as he threatened to leave, "Ron's right." I glared at Harry from head to toe, "There's no point in being here any longer."

"You don't mean that-"

"Oh, but I do." I gathered my things swiftly and followed Ron out.

"Ron, stop." Hermione walked out after us.

I turned around to enter the tent again, facing Harry who was just about to convince me to stay, "Here." I pulled the locket off and put it in his hands.

A wave of relief hit me like a brick and I stopped.

"Stay with me." Harry whispered, knowing my weakness as another tear fell down his chin, "Please- I can't do this without you."

But I didn't know if he was being truthful or not.

All of the times he ignored me or didn't ask me for help when him and Hermione tried figuring something out. Whenever he'd walk with her instead of me.

Then it hit me.

'Is this how Malfoy felt?' I thought while searching Harry's eyes.

I don't want to be like that. I can't be like that.

It would pain me to say anything or look at him any longer so I made my decision.

I left.

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚃ ⚄ ⚅