Tenth Alchemist

I wanted to find a spot before "Doomsday" to introduce the new Alchemist, but I didn't want to put the Alchemist's regeneration in an episode where it seemed too obvious. Then I thought about how many characters I wanted to save, and I really wanted everyone to live during "The Impossible Planet"/"The Satan Pit." I thought about what would happen if the Alchemist was hurt during that episode, and that evolved into her death.

The Ninth Alchemist saved Scooti's life, but took several glass shards to her stomach in the attempt. She slowly started to die of blood loss, but she was killed for good when Toby Zed shot her with a bolt gun, and she regenerated into her tenth incarnation.

After Rose and Mickey are taken in the Battle of Canary Wharf, the Alchemist keeps an open mind after meeting Martha Jones. She encourages the Doctor to take her on, and after several adventures in the past and the future, they take her on full time. They reunite with Jack upon leaving Cardiff, arriving at the end of the universe. When the Master reveals himself, and when he ages the Doctor and launches his campaign to take over Earth, he forces the Alchemist to be his wife, threatening to kill the Doctor and destroy their bond if she refuses. The Alchemist endures, and when the Doctor returns, she reveals her powers with the Vortex, bringing the Master to the ground.

However, following a trip on the Titanic, it is discovered that the Alchemist is dying because of using the Vortex. As the Alchemist struggles with the knowledge she has less than a year left, both she and the Doctor gain new members of their family. Donna Noble joins them on the TARDIS as the Doctor's companion and his big sister, and after saving him from a nuclear meltdown, the Alchemist forms a bond with Owen Harper, her new older brother.

With only a few days left to live, the Alchemist fights to be there for her family when the Daleks invade Earth. While Jack, Owen, Ianto, and the newly returned Rose accompany the Doctor out into the Crucible, the Alchemist and Donna are trapped in the TARDIS. In the resulting chaos, the Alchemist dies without regeneration when she snaps her neck. The TARDIS uses the Vortex to resurrect her at the cost of a regeneration after she saves the Doctor, the Metacrisis Doctor, and their companions and family.

From the moment she regenerated, the Doctor and Rose connect her new appearance to Rose, making it more obvious that they appear to be siblings. The Tenth Alchemist has blonde hair held in a ponytail, and hazel eyes similar to Rose's whiskey colored ones. Her outfit of choice is a pale yellow sleeveless blouse, white jeans with a black belt, brown horseback riding boots to her knees laced all the way, and a white jean jacket with white sunglasses on top of her head. She still speaks with an American accent, and she is portrayed by Dianna Agron with the theme song "Fantastic Voyage" by Future World Music.

She is a main character in the second part of "Slowly Shining," "Heating Things Up," and "As Brittle As Quicksilver." She appears briefly in "Apocalypse Rising: Book Five" with the Tenth Doctor during "The Next Doctor."