I rolled my eyes at that, "And who says she's competition?" I smirked. The girl's forehead creased in confusion. "Violet demands attention but you can get it all on your own," I encouraged.

"Really?" Wanting to hear more, she pulled a chair to sit next to me.

From what I had heard and seen, Violet got attention naturally. She never actually had to ask for it. For this girl's sake, I was going to pretend that wasn't the case. She needed a confidence boost.

"I mean, you got my attention," I assured with a smile.

"Really?" Her eyes lit up.

"Yeah and I'd really like to know your name?" Showing her that she had my undivided attention, I closed my textbook.

At the sight of that, she smiled and glanced at the ground. Blushing, she stared back up to meet my eyes. "My name is Olivia," she introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you, Olivia," I returned the smile. "I'm Rosemary."

"I know-" catching herself, she added, "The whole school knows," she giggled, shyly.

Olivia was a pretty girl. Not Violet-gorgeous but she appeared to have personality. I didn't understand why girls here held back. Only because someone like Violet existed.

**********

One thing, my dad forgot to mention a minor detail. That he wasn't picking me up. Violet's parents arranged for their driver to pick up both VIOLET AND I! Before getting in the limousine, I took two Advil pills to prevent a headache.

Violet was blabbering nonstop, annoyingly. Pretending to be hanging myself with a rope, I pulled the nonexistent rope and choked myself to death.

"How I wish it were real," Violet scoffed.

"How I wish you'd shut up," I remarked.

"How I wish you'd play dead without the play," she retorted.

"You're demented!" Violet scared me.

"I feel like choking you," Violet groaned.

"I'm not kinky like that," I commented, perfectly knowing that she'd get irritated.

Violet jumped over to sit next to me, which startled me. I flinched at first but relaxed to feel her close. "Oh you're so funny!" Violet pinched my cheek. Within seconds, she pinched harder, causing pain. Oooh shit, that hurt! At first, I thought it was a gentle caress but it was her sneaky way of hurting me.

Catching on to it, I smacked her hand away.

"That hurts!" I yelped in pain.

"Oh I'm sorry!" She brushed my hair, only to end up pulling it.

"Stop that!" I jumped away from her.

Violet wasn't fooling anybody with her assaults in disguise as caresses! The moment this limo parked, I was jumping out of it! It was dangerous being back here alone with this little devil! If only our parents knew that they sent us into a war battle by sending for us together.

-

All night long, Violet was hogging up my parent's attention. Mom and dad were falling into her scheme! In front of them, she acted like a perfect little angel! The opposite of what she really was. Laughter rung throughout the room with these three. It felt like I was in the twilight zone. Violet had been replaced at one point without me realizing it!

While Violet devoured my parent's attention as if she were their daughter, I had my own side conversation with her parents.

"Your parents tell us that you don't get anything less than an A," Mr. Delaney commented.