◨◣Chapter 1/The Meeting◢◧

Hello, and welcome to chapter 1 of Feather Fall. I hope you you enjoy this chapter.

◢▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤◣

10 Years ago:

"̴̮̰͂͝T̵͙̩̦̋ą̸̩͔̘̲̯̀̐͆̀k̶̙̆̊̎̑͜͠e̸̥̝͓͊ ̶̺̰̀o̴̡̩̫͚̝͌ų̷̹͉̲̳͙̄͊̄̈́̃̽ṟ̶̙̲̗͌̽̃͝ ̵͈̱̟͚̉s̷̥̠̅o̴̫͇̞̹͂̔͒̓͜n̵̢̰̓͘͝ ̷͚̖̮̕ạ̶͚̻̗̼͂͐n̶̰̤̝̟̟͌̍͠d̶̡̮̖̠̱̈́̈́͂ ̴͉̃͐̈́̅̈̽r̵̛̻̟̍̌́́ụ̶̙̊̅ͅn̵̮̹̖̽̈̍̉͘!̷͉̗̱̈́̽"̵͈́͘ A man shout at his wife named S̴̨̼͚͉͚͍̈́̃̏͘͝e̸̡̗̗̥̯̓͜r̶͍̼̍̎̎͌ͅe̵̢̼̺͔̦͒n̷̛̛͓̮͈̅̐̅͝i̸̡̟̭̾̈́̌̍͘t̴͚̘͕͊́͗͛y̵̹̑̔̈͠. Ï̵̧̐́̈́͑͝ ̸̨̘͚̲́͑̔͋̚c̷̹͉͔̆̆̓̎̅̀ã̸̠́̒̏̽n̷̹̗͆̄ẗ̸̥͚́ ̴̪͙̓͆̀͛͂͠l̴̢͓̤̄͐͛͝e̵̳̫̬͒a̴̛̗͐̀v̴̺̟͓͓̺̇̈́̈́̅e̵̯̺̱̟̣͙̎̈́́̈́͒̍ ̵̢̨̛̟y̷̢̢̤̙̝̿ơ̶͔̘̳̦͐͒͐͝ụ̵͈͇̺̦̓̆̈́͜!̵̤̤̘͉̪̽̒̔̑̈́"̴̝͔̘̝̅͆͒ The wife shout at her husband, D̸͎͇͖̝̍͒̍̊í̴̥͙̪̮̓͆̐͂͝ȧ̵̢̤̟̤̓̾͒b̵̜̣͋́̅̀͝͝l̴͚̂̋͐̕ṍ̶̢̡̰͎̥̽̄̍. They both run through the forest, blood dripping, while something chases after them, child in the wife's arms. The Husband falls back in order to face their pursuer. "̶̩̈̓͝Ŕ̶͙͘u̸̳͈͗ǹ̵̜̮̰͝!̶̦̄͌̕ ̵̛̺̉͒Ḑ̸͓̹͋́͠o̸͔̫͔͆̽́ņ̵͖́̓t̴̜̱̑̄ͅ ̸͙̭̙̔ś̴͜t̷͈̼̒́o̶̮̤͐p̵̥̻̓̅ ̷͎́̚̚ŗ̷̓̊̚u̵̧͙͂͠͝ň̸͔̪̥̽̔n̴̥̲̹̈ị̵̠̣̀̄͋ņ̷̈́̕g̶̰̭̊̇ ̷̨̥͎̚t̶̯̣̹̂ḯ̶̺̎l̶̬̼͒́ĺ̵̘͚͚͘ ̸̢͕͋̈́̔ͅo̵̧͔̟̓͛͝ư̶̭̌̉r̷̳̪̘͐͝ ̸̛̯͍̃ś̷͇͘͝ͅȯ̷̻͍͇͌̏n̵̨̟̥͐ ̸̖̮̎ȉ̴̙͗̈́s̷͓͓͋̆̔ ̴̢̥͔̒̚s̷̠̞̍a̵̪̮̖̋͆͘f̵̣̎͘e̵͉̖̜͊!̴̫̆ͅ"̶̮̼̃̉̂ The husband shout as the wife still runs through the forest, tears staining her face.

The wife makes it to a flowing river, her blood dripping in its clear water. T̵̟̋h̵͖̪̫̀̽̕ḭ̵̪̣̀̆s̶̳͍͇͐̆̒ ̸̘͑̓̑i̴̼̲͆͘͜ș̷͠ ̸̙̻̇̓̏ẃ̶̥͝ḫ̷̯̉̂̃e̶̳̦̿̈́r̸͕̀͝ę̸̈́́͘ ̴̙̪̯̊́w̸͖̜̳͂è̶̩̞ ̴̤̤͝p̶͈̫̩̔à̴̪͘̚r̸͕͋͊͝t̶͎̝̄̿ ̸̨̘̞͛̑̓w̸̛̬̟̑̕á̶̮̑ȳ̸͇̳͂̚ś̷̱͉̿̍ͅ ̴͉̒͋Y̸̦͒ͅ/̵̧̲̞̑͊N̵̢̼̔. She gently tells her son as she sets up a casket and put's the baby in it. . She place's the casket in the water, but not before the baby grabs her finger. "̵̨̳̺̉̊̓Ḭ̴̡̨̚'̵̼̌m̷̢̳̠̂͌͗ ̶̰̟̬̒̇s̷̞̦̩͐o̸͙͊̾̀ ̶̺̳̈́ṡ̶̟̞̘͊o̸̘̣͂ͅr̷̙̈́ȓ̶̦͙͊y̵͖̤̅̑ ̵̧̬̯́b̸͎̥͒͗͝ä̶̛̘́b̷͉͎̈́͊̂ẙ̶̩̫"̴̻̑͜. The wife sobs out as she pushes the casket down the river, the baby silent as ever. The baby opens his eyes and sees a fowl monster smash the mothers head with just its hand, its eyes staring into the poor baby's soul. 

10 Years later/Y/N Pov:

I open my eyes quickly as I sit up in a cold sweat. 'was that a dream? I can't remember it' I think as I sit up looking at my hands. "Its all a blur" I mutter as I stand up, getting ready for the day. I work in a blacksmith near a village of Juzuki, famous for its myth's of monsters and beasts. I live in the forest near the village, though the villagers doesn't like me because I look like a 'demon'. Its most likely because of my black Sclera.

I put on a normal brown Haori with a normal white shirt underneath and long pants cause its cold, but no shoe's. I need to down to the village because I'm running low on materials. I pick up a bamboo basket and exit my home/forge. It takes about 5 minutes to reach the village from where I live. I pass the Wisteria Tree next to my home and walk down to Juzuki village. Under my feet I feel the vibrations of the villagers gathering in front of a home, and they feel panicked.

When I make it down I notice a few glares my direction, but I just ignore it, making my way through the crowd to see what the commotion is. When I do manage to see what's going on, but I regret it instantly. There's a bloody corpse of a stall owner laying in a pool of their own blood with many chucks of flesh missing along with his entire left leg. 

I gag at the sight as I feel like I'm about to vomit, but I hold back. I look up and see his window is shattered and the front door broken down from the outside, so someone, or something broke it down to get inside. I look around and the crowd is focused on the body, however one person catches my eye. He's wearing a fancy looking haori, a weird mask, and carrying a sword. 'Never seen him before, maybe he's a traveling swordsmen' I think as I unconsciously stare at him.

The masked swordsmen seemed to have noticed me staring so I quickly look away and back at the poor souls dead body. "Its probably that demon child's fault" "Why is that disgusting child here?" "Why does he even live?" are a few of the murmurs in the crowd, now I feel all eyes on me. I decide to walk away so I'm not a bother to the villagers. Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn around and see the strange swordsman. "Hello sir, need anything?" I ask politely.

"Would you tell me about why the villagers said such cruel things to a child?" He asked me which shocked me slightly. "Its all because of my eye, see, they think I'm a demon" I show him my right eye, which has black sclera. "As far as I'm concerned, your no demon child" He tells me and I nod. "Demons don't even exits, their just stories to scare children" I tell him but he seems unamused. "How would you feel if I told you that what killed that man was a demon" He asks me and I shake my head. "Are you some sort of demon expert?" I ask and he nods slightly.

"More like demon slayer" he says and I feel uneasy. "Demons come out only at night because they burn in the sunlight. They feast on human flesh" He tells me and I shiver at the eating people part. "Would you like to learn to kill those demons?" he asks, and I'm completely dumbfounded, me? Kill a demon?

'I myself am considered a demon. Maybe, I don't know anymore'