Chapter 2

Heathrow Airport, London, England

Salem's attention was quickly diverted from his reading when the pilot's announcement came that the plane was about to land. He shoved his pocketbook into his satchel and looked over at his twin sister. She was fast asleep on the seat across from him, all curled up in a fluffy blue blanket with her name etched onto it in cursive letters. He had a matching one, the color of it only a shade darker than hers. Both were memories from their mother. Lucifer had told them when they were young that Helena had made the blankets for them before they'd been born. After that story, they got understandably attached. They refused to go on any long trip without them. Salem actually had his blanket in his trunk, right underneath his Hogwarts uniform.

"Sal, wake your sister up." Lucifer instructed as he helped Medea with her luggage, drawing Salem away from his thoughts.

Nodding, Salem stood up and approached his twin. Dozens of ideas of how to wake her up flitted through his mind, most of them, if not all, guaranteed to get him killed. Eventually, he decided to go with his safest bet. He turned around and collapsed on top of Eleena, causing her to grunt at the sudden weight.

"Time to get up, El. We're here!" He exclaimed.

"What the Hell...?" Eleena moaned drowsily.

"We're here." Salem repeated, making no move to get up.

"Okay, okay, get off!" Eleena demanded, severely irritated.

"Why? I'm not that heavy, am I?" Salem pouted.

"Yes, you are!" Eleena snarled.

Salem yelped as she kicked him off, sending him sprawling to the ground. She grabbed the throw pillow she'd been resting her head on and proceeded to abuse her brother with it, relentlessly hitting his face. Laughing, he ducked out of her reach and crawled towards his trunk. She grumbled to herself and sat up properly, folding her blanket and stuffing it inside her satchel. Rubbing her eyes, she got off her seat and glanced around to look for Bruce. She spotted him near her trunk, tongue lolled out as he dutifully waited for her. She cooed at him while grabbing the handle of her trunk, thankful that she and Salem had chosen the wheeled ones. It made moving around way easier for both of them.

Throwing her satchel on, Eleena followed her family out of the plane with Bruce trailing after her like a shadow. They made their way through the busy halls of the airport until they got outside where they were met with the sight of the ride Cain had arranged for them. It was a gold limousine, of course, because out of all the siblings, Cain was the flashiest. What else was to be expected from the Avatar of Envy? It was a good thing too. The four needed a comfortable ride because after dropping off the twins at King's Cross, Lucifer and Medea planned to tour around a bit before meeting up with Cain and his mother.

Eleena was the first to climb in, allowing Bruce to sit on the floor with his head on her lap. Salem plopped down next to her and threw an arm over her shoulder before occupying himself with the mini-bar. Lucifer and Medea settled in front of them, cuddled close together like a newly-wed couple. Eleena leaned back against her seat as she felt the car start to move, accepting the glass of bourbon whiskey Salem offered her.

"How are my twins feeling?" Lucifer asked, nursing his own glass of alcohol.

"I'm cool." Salem shrugged.

"He's excited." Eleena rolled her eyes, "So am I, and so is my darling beast here. Isn't that right, Bruce?"

"I can't believe I'll have to listen to this for the whole ride." Salem groaned.

"Who says you have to? I'll gladly make you deaf if you want me to. I'll tear your ears straight off and ruin your eardrums." Eleena cheerfully proposed.