"Phone please" Victoria says.

"Okay" Lorelai shrugs getting up to get the phone. "What?" Rory asks as Lorelai starts laughing.

"Nothing, it's just 'oh hey mom the twins and their boyfriends are having are having their three month anniversaries on Friday' 'really Lorelai, why that's wonderful I'm thrilled'" Lorelai says making fun of how she expects this phone call to go. "Stop" Victoria says. "Three months well whoo hoo hold on on I'm going to cartwheel" Lorelai mocks her mother and she waits for her to answer the phone.

"Forget it" Rory tells her.

"Oh, no wait. She's telling my dad now. I think they're cabbage patching" Lorelai keeps joking. "That's it, find your own pan" Victoria says.

"Hello" Emily says finally answering the phone. "Uh, mom?" Lorelai asks. "Lorelai?" Emily asks in return.

"Uh, yes. Hi" Lorelai says.

"Hello" Emily says back. "How are you doing?" Lorelai asks.

"I'm doing fine" Emily answers. "Well, that's good" Lorelai says. "I'm pleased" Emily replies.

"How's dad?" Lorelai asks.

"What do you want Lorelai?" Emily asks her daughter. "Um oh, I was just calling to say hello" Lorelai lies.

"And now you have" Emily replies. "Okay, good" Lorelai says. "Was there anything else that you wanted to add to that hello?" Emily asks.

"Well as a matter of a fact there is" Lorelai admits.

"Aha" Emily responds. "Um uh you know my daughters" Lorelai says.

"Yes, I believe I do" Emily replies. "They wanted to say hello too" Lorelai says. "Lorelai, I'm late for a meeting. I'd love to know why" Emily tells her.

"Mom, just hear me out. Okay? Don't say anything. Um see Friday night is Victoria and Tristan and Rory and Dean's three month anniversaries and while that might not seem like a very big deal to you it is to them and I'm going to ask you to do something you are so not going to want to do but I am begging you to look at it from their point of view and maybe just maybe let them just this once not come to dinner on Friday" Lorelai finally asks.

"Alright" Emily simply responds. "What?" Lorelai asks shocked.

"Since this is a special occasion I suppose it would be fine if the girls missed dinner on Friday" Emily explains. "It would?" Lorelai asks. "Mom" Rory said wanting her mom to just take the win.

"Yes" Emily answers Lorelai.

"Are you sure?" Lorelai asks. "Don't talk her out of it" Victoria says to her mother.

"I believe I am" Emily says to Lorelai. "No arguments?" Lorelai asks. "No" Emily confirms.

"They won't be there" Lorelai says.

"I understand" Emily replies. "At all" Lorelai clarifies.

"I heard" Emily says. "All night long" Lorelai adds. "I assumed as much" Emily tells her.

"Okay" Lorelai says.

"Okay" Emily repeats her. "Alright" Lorelai says.

"Anything else?" Emily asks. "Uh you know they're gonna need some help getting ready for the big night mom so I should probab-" Lorelai starts. "We'll see you at seven" Emily cuts her off.

"Okay, right. Bye" Lorelai says hanging up.

"So?" Victoria asks. "The world is officially coming to an end" Lorelai says.