"Eww!"

"I know, I really don't like him. I even tried telling Vanessa about some of it and she told me that he was just kidding around. She has changed so much over the years and it's only getting worse."

"Where are you going to move though?"

"My Grandma's, she asked me if I would be interested a while back and I've been spending a lot of time there, helping her. My Mom is busy with work so she can't be with her like I can, especially in the summer."

"She's the one that has that farmhouse?"

"Yes, it requires a lot of maintenance that she can't take care of by herself anymore."

"Good, so you'll still be close."

"Yep."

We continued talking about other random things throughout lunch, before I headed back to Grandma's.

Reed's P.O.V.

Today was Friday and I still haven't heard from Brooke. Not like I was expecting too, but I was actually hoping that night would turn into something more between us.

I knew Emily was having lunch with Brooke right now and then she was going to stop by the job site to drop off lunch for Chris before she headed home.

What seemed like hours passed by when I finally noticed Emily's car pulling up.

I got down off the roof and high tailed it over to Chris and Emily, who were in the house talking.

"Hey Emily."

"Hey Reed." She gave me a quick smile before continuing to talk to Chris again, leaving me to wait for answers.

I stood there like an idiot for a few minutes before Chris started laughing.

Emily turned towards me. "Can I help you with something?"

"How was she?"

"You mean the woman whom I think you're a little bit in love with?"

I gave her an annoyed look before both Chris and Emily were laughing again.

"She's good, Reed. You should call her because she's nervous to call you. Oh and she doesn't hate you, I'm supposed to tell you that. I think she's just confused, you know? I mean you did date Vanessa, it's a little weird situation."

"I know."

Later that night I was laying in bed, contemplating if I should just send a text and see what happens.

Me- Hey, Can we talk?

************

Brooke's P.O.V. (2 weeks later)

I've been spending even more time at my Grandma's house these past few weeks. Dad and Mom came over to help me clean up the old barn on her property and we threw away everything Grandma didn't need anymore. It was a lot of work but I actually enjoyed it.

When we came across certain things, Mom and Grandma would sit there and tell us the story behind it, which I loved hearing about. We all missed Grandpa dearly so this little job brought back so many wonderful memories for Grandma and us.

Plus it helped keep my mind off of a certain blue eyed man that I couldn't stop thinking about.

*******
Opening the door to my apartment after being gone for the week, I stood there in shock.

"What. The. Hell? VANESSA?"

I walked forward, stepping over the beer bottles, garbage and the people passed out on the floor.

I took out my key and opened my bedroom door, mentally thanking myself for locking my door as I looked over the only clean thing in this apartment.

I went over to Vanessa's room, knocking multiple times until Tom opened the door, naked.

"Oh it's you." He looked down at my chest, licking his lips. "hmmm."

"Where's Vanessa?" I hissed.

"Shhh, you'll wake her."

I rolled my eyes, "VANESSA."

"What?" She came to the door, covering up in a robe. "What are you two doing?"

"I was hoping she was coming to get me to take me back to her bedroom since you were sleeping and so grumpy last night."

Vanessa's eyes widened. "And by the looks of it, you would have, wouldn't you?" She asked, pointing down to his friend.

I didn't even give him time to respond. "Excuse me? What the hell is wrong with you, Tom? Honestly the thought of you absolutely repulses me." I looked back at Vanessa, "What the hell happened when I was gone? Look at our apartment."

"It can be easily cleaned. I don't know why you're freaking out so much?"

"Did we have another noise complaint?"

Tom started laughing, "Yeah, a few. People don't know how to have fun anymore."

"Stop talking!" I snapped at him. Looking back at Vanessa, "I'm moving out. I came here to tell you that. I'll pay for next month so you have until the end of July to find a different roommate."

"What? Why?"

"You know my grandma needs help. It was only a matter of time and.... because of this." I motioned around the room.

I went into my room, shutting and locking the door behind me.

I needed to start packing.

***Hope you guys are enjoying the books so far. ❤️ Don't forget to vote! ***