Chapter 23 - Closure!!

Start from the beginning

"Why?", I asked.

"I lost my girlfriend here", he said giving me a tight smile.

"Sorry", I replied and he shook his head in negative.

"Don't be. It's been years. I might get my closure this time", he said and I just gave him a nod.

I hope the same for myself.

"So, how are the things with you? Do you like this job?", He asked. I just shrugged my shoulders.

I hate this job.

"I am adjusting", I said.

"I thought you and Rohan are getting along very well. Am I right? Aren't you two getting friendly?", He asked. I sensed as if his voice was laced with some sort of unhappiness. He sounded like he's complaining.

"He's just a colleague. I don't make friends often", I said and Kabir just stared at me for few seconds. He simply nodded and didn't speak afterwards. I replayed his words in my mind again and again after that.

He affects me way too much.

*******************

No One's P.O.V.

Naina was staring outside the window. Her heart was on fire as she found Kabir sitting with Aashi enjoying his tea. Last night, they do share the room like other couples but Kabir slept on the couch. He's showing his disinterest in her and isn't taking any step forward for this relationship. Naina is afraid of the future of her and Kabir's relationship after Aashi's arrival. Kabir has promised her that he'll never cheat on her but what will she do if his heart never belonged to her?

A helpless tear rolled down her cheeks. She took advantage of Aashi's disappearance in the past but what now? Does she have to kill Aashi? Will Kabir surrender himself to her then? But past eight years, Aashi was dead for the world. What difference will it make?

A slight knock on her door caught her attention. She glanced at the clock. Wondering who can it be at the door, she opened it. As soon as her eyes landed on the person standing in front of her, she froze.

What on the earth is happening?

"Who are you?", Naina asked.

"Hey, Naina. I'm Veronica", the girl replied. Naina was taken back by the resemblance this girl has with Aashi. All the tattoos over her body were the only distinguishing factor between these two.

"How do you know my name?", Naina asked. She felt as if she's seeing a dream. She dug her nails onto her palm to make sure this is real.

"I'm Varun's girlfriend. I know you and everyone in your group. Can we talk?", Veronica asked.

"About what?", Naina enquired.

"I'll wait for you in my room. It's on the second floor, room no. 201. Let's chat over tea", saying so, Veronica left. Naina stood there speechless unable to form words.

*************************

Naina's P.O.V.

What did just happen? Varun's girlfriend came to meet me. And how on earth are the chances that she looked so familiar with Aashi. What a coincidence! I am worried about one girl and she got herself a look alike. Has Kabir met Veronica? Can this be the reason that Varun never showed me picture of his girlfriend ever? But wait! What does this girl Veronica want from me? Is she trustworthy?

I called Varun to get detail about his girlfriend but his phone was switched off. I was contemplating whether I should go and meet her or not. Should I tell Kabir about her? What should I do? Is she a friend or my enemy?

The room's door opened and Kabir walked in. He was startled to see me awake. Closing the door he said, "Good morning. You're up early".

"Yeah. I take time to adjust to new surroundings", I told him.

"I met Aashi a few minutes ago. She said the same thing. Are all girls the same?", He asked with a smile as he mentioned her name. I passed him a fake smile.

You remember what she says but you can't remember my habit in these past eight years.

"I'll take shower", saying so, Kabir picked up his clothes and walked inside the bathroom.

I left the room with my heart filled with jealousy, anger and disappointment. Kabir never gave me the right amount of attention I deserve despite all the efforts I've given to him, to us, to this relationship. But I can't let him go. I love him so much. I can't live without him. I can't give up after coming this close to my goal. I'll be Kabir's wife. I'll be Mrs. Kabir Malhotra and no one can ever replace me. No one.

I knocked on the door where Veronica was staying. She opened the door and smiled at me. I felt like she mocked me with her smile. As if she could see something inside me. My insecurities or my darkest secrets. Has Varun told her about me?

"Welcome dear. I was waiting for you. I thought you'd never visit", she said but her smile was not aligning with her words.

"I am giving you my time so it better be worth it", saying so, I walked inside.

I sat on the couch and the girl named Veronica sat next to me. My eyes landed on the kettle set and the cups. She added tea for both of us and forwarded a cup to me.

"I'm forwarding a hand of friendship towards you", she said as she handed me over the cup.

"Why?", I asked taking the cup. I placed it on the table.

"Because the enemy of an enemy is a friend", she said.

"What do you mean? Who is your enemy?", I asked.

"Aashi", she said and I stare at her face blankly. Is she for real?

"Stop playing with words. Just tell me whatever you are planning to say", I said losing my patience.

"I met Varun and Aashi a few years ago. I fall in love with him at the first sight. I approached him but he stayed loyal to Aashi. Only when Aashi turned him down, he accepted me. I am aware of the fact that my face resembles her and maybe that's the reason Varun chose me. I feel like a replacement. I feel he's not over Aashi completely", Veronica said and her words just sank deep into my heart.

Will I be a replacement for Kabir as well? Will he never get over Aashi?

"As long as Aashi is there in his life, he will never accept me. I don't want to lose him", she said. I could feel someone suffering from the same fear like mine. I can't lose Kabir as well.

"I know your fiance was her ex-lover. Varun told me about you guy's little secret. Trust me, I'm with you in this. I also want to get rid of this girl", She said and I just hesitated. Why is she saying everything I want to hear?

"What do you want to do then?", I asked.

"I heard Varun kidnapped Aashi from this place eight years ago. I guess this is the right time to end the story which begins here", she said.

"How will you end the story?", I asked and she gave me a smirk.

"By Killing her, this time for real", she replied without even blinking her eyes. My eyes widened at her comment.

------------------

Vote, comment and share your reviews.

Going to wrap up this story soon.

Follow me on Instagram: musicalsoul01.

Keep reading...
Love you all..
Aana..