"Yes, I'm aware of what lurks through this town."

"How do you know Stefan, by the way?"

"Um... A friend of mine knows his girlfriend, so he met him through her. But, I've never officially met him, only heard a thing or two."

"Including me being a friend of Stefan." hummed Lucy. "What's the name of that friend of yours?"

"Alaric Saltzman."

"Alaric........" she looked around, thinking hard. "Oh, yeah! The history teacher, right?"

"Yes, the history teacher." chuckled Meredith.

" chuckled Meredith

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

"Hello, Lucy, mind joining us for a drink?"

"Where did you get my number?" counter - questioned Lucy as she drove past the driveway of her house, one hand settled firmly on the steering wheel and the other holding phone against her cheek, a phone call with Kol ongoing.

"Mayor Lockwood was kind enough to pass it on." said Kol. "And you'll be surprised to know how reluctant she was. People always expect the worst of me."

"Well, don't go bothering kind souls, Kol." said Lucy as she u-turned her car and began driving back.

Lucy felt a certain protectiveness towards the Lockwood Woman, something that came with the friendship that blossomed between them almost a decade ago, but still unaltered and unaffected by whatever storms hit either of their lives. Technically, Carol could be counted as Lucy's first friend (after Stefan of course) in Mystic Falls, even though it happened years prior.

Lucy didn't feel keen on involving her in life threatening situations, because after all Carol was a mortal being capable of dying by the smallest of tripping down the stairs or getting stuck too hard on the head.

"Anyway, who are these 'us' I'll be joining?"

"Oh, just me and Nik, at the Mystic Grill."

"Sure, I'll meet you there."

The drive to Mystic Grill turned out to be a lengthy one, considering how Lucy had to drive all the way back from her home (which was at the outskirts of the city) to the Grill (which was in the inner part).

The Grill was as usual bustling with people chattering and giggling in groups of two's and three's, unaware of the supernaturals walking among them.

Lucy spotted Klaus and Kol by the bar counter and made her way to them.

"Hello, Mikaelsons." she greeted with a grin, standing against the bar counter as they both turned around at her voice.

"Oh, Lucy." said Klaus, looking pleasantly surprised. "What an amazing coincidence."

"Coincidence." she laughed lightly, averting her eyes to Kol who stood there with a proud smirk. "Certainly, a coincidence."

"What will you have, love?" asked Klaus before calling the bartender.