Chapter Six: The Obstacle Course

Start from the beginning

I was right! He did, I quickly jumped up before the ice reached me, and kept running on top of it.

"Damn IcyHot! YOU MADE YOUR WAR DECLARATION TO THE WRONG PERSON!" I heard a familiar voice yell, I looked up and saw Bakugou using his explosions to fly through the air, smart. But now he and Shoto were in front of me, so I picked up my pace a bit more.

Bakugou landed in front of Shoto and started running in front. I saw Shoto pick up his pace even more. I let out a low growl as I picked up my own pace even more.

"WOAH! Look at that, Katsuki Bakugou from Class 1-A just took over first place, with Shoto Todoroki and Aki Ito, also from Class 1-A, falling close behind! Will somebody else take over first place? WHO KNOWS?" I overheard Present Mic's commentary.

I heard a loud and low rumbling noise, I slowed to a stop, along with Shoto and Bakugou, as I saw the zero pointer robots from the Entrance Exam come out.

"What a turn of events! These are the zero pointer robots from this year's Entrance Exam, how will the students pass them?" Present Mic's voice boomed.

I saw Shoto freeze the bottom of them down to the ground and run through them, Bakugou flew over with his explosions. I followed Shoto's trail only a few seconds after him. The robots looked unstable and unbalanced, but I had a feeling that he purposefully made it that way. I was almost out through the robots, but they started falling.

"Oh shit," I mumbled under my breath. I quickly made an ice bridge that quickly took me out from the robots.

"WOAH! Look at Aki Ito from Class 1-A go! Who knew she was so powerful? Eraserhead, what are you teaching your kids?"

"How to be a hero," Aizawa-sensei replied to him lazily.

I jumped off of my little ice bridge and promptly started running again, taking over Shoto.

"Aki Ito makes her way into second place, will she be able to overtake Katsuki Bakugou?"

Shoto had caught up to me, and we were now neck and neck, shoving and pushing each other, hoping to overtake Bakugou. We came into view of another obstacle. There were big holes with wire connecting them. I quickly made another ice bridge. Once I was half way through, I broke the bridge with a big ice rock that I made, and then made another ice bridge to the other side.

Shoto was doing the same thing as me, and Bakugou was using his explosions to fly through the air, we were all about a third through the way before more students started piling in.

I got to the other side, and didn't even bother breaking the ice bridge I had made, instead I just kept running.

"Katsuki Bakugou, Aki Ito, and Shoto Todoroki are still in the lead! They're really holding onto those spots, but will somebody overtake one of them? Let's wait and see!" It's almost as if Present Mic was urging people to pass us, well, I guess that would be the most entertaining for the crowd.

We soon arrived at a mine field. I had come close to passing Bakugou a few times, but each time I got close, he used his explosions to fly up a bit. It was annoying. Now he used his explosions to fly up and over the minefield. I wasn't going to use my ice, it would make me slower, instead I just kept running through the minefield, carefully avoiding the explosions. It seemed Shoto had the same idea as me.

"OHH, Shoto Todoroki passed Aki Ito, but wait, what's this? IT'S IZUKU MIDORIYA FROM CLASS 1-A! WOW, HE'S REALLY FLYING! HE JUST PASSED KATSUKI BAKUGOU, SHOTO TODOROKI, AND AKI ITOOO!" Present Mic exclaimed as Midoriya flew in front of all three of us on what seemed like a piece from the robots? I narrowed my eyes as I picked up my pace even more.

"DEKU!!" I heard Bakugou scream. Shoto and I passed the minefield as we bolted to the two ahead of us, who were already going. I could see the tunnel approaching. I tried to pick up my pace even more, but I barely managed to.

"IZUKU MIDORIYA FINISHES FIRST, WITH KATSUKI BAKUGOU IN SECOND, AND SHOTO TODOROKI IN THIRD!" Present Mic announces. I bent down and put my hands on my knees to catch my breath, and then glared at the three of them.

I had been so close to the top three! I wiped the sweat from my forehead with my arm as more and more people piled out from the tunnel into the stadium. All of our class had made it. Of course they all did.

Eventually, everyone had run out of the tunnel and into the open.

"Now that everyones finished, please look up on the screen for your name. If you finished in the top forty two, your name should be up there." Midnight said. I already knew that I finished in fourth, so I didn't bother looking up there.

After a couple of minutes, Midnight spoke up again. "Right, now that everyone found out if they will be advancing to the second round, I should probably tell you what the next round will be." She took a minute to clear her throat and then looked back at everyone. "The second round will be a cavalry battle!" She announced. The crowd erupted in cheers. Midnight waited for the crowd to settle down before she continued. "You will be allowed to team up with two-four people during the battle. Your teammates points will be combined to create your teammates total points. Other teams can go around and take your headbands, which symbolizes your points. You will have to wear the headband on your neck and above, they must be visible to everyone else. The Calvary Battle will be fifteen minutes long, use that time to gather as many headbands as you can. The top four teams will be advancing to the final round. The head of your group is not allowed to touch the ground, if they do, your entire group will be eliminated. Now, the person in first place will have ten million points."

Everyone, including me, turned towards Midoriya, who looked absolutely terrified.

"Look up onto the screen to see how many points you have! You will have fifteen minutes to find some teammates and plan a strategy! Go!" Midnight said as a timer started to go off.

____________________________________