Mo Xuetong rolled her eyes with a hint of charm in innocence. Princess Caifeng found she was as pretty as Feng Yuran. As the two of them looked at each other from a distance, it made one feel as if they were meant for each other.

Princess Caifeng had always been proud of her beauty. When she saw this, she was both jealous and hateful. Consort Xuan’s importance had increased in her heart. It seemed that King Xuan would not allow her to marry into his manor if Consort Xuan did not die. Even if he allowed, she could only be a second consort. With such a beautiful first consort competing with her, she could imagine how difficult it would be for her to be the second consort. Therefore, Consort Xuan had to die.

Fortunately, there was an opportunity today for Mo Xuetong to court death. A sinister smile flashed across her eyes. She looked away and said to the Empress Dowager with a charming smile, “Consort Xuan is so stunning. I almost could not take my eyes off her. I thought that King Xuan is extraordinarily handsome and could make one unable to forget him at first sight. I didn’t expect that Consort Xuan is not an ordinary person either.”

The Empress Dowager’s expression was slightly displeased. Princess Caifeng sounded as if she was expressing her affection for Feng Yuran. She was the next Consort Ning the Empress Dowager had appointed. If the girl had a crush on Feng Yuran, she would naturally feel very uncomfortable. However, she could not say anything now. She patted Princess Caifeng’s hand benevolently and said with a smile, “You are right. However, your beauty is also peerless. King Ning even mentioned you to me the other day. He has never forgotten it.”

In the last banquet, Princess Caifeng had removed her veil, so the people present had all seen her before. Now that her face had been injured, it was normal for her to put on a veil. Girls had always paid more attention to their looks. The Empress Dowager knew the reason, so she did not think that Princess Caifeng was being impolite!

This meant that King Ning took a fancy to Princess Caifeng. Princess Caifeng’s face flushed at once and she said shyly, “Your Majesty, you flatter me!”

She turned around and smiled at Mo Xuetong, who was seated beside You Yue’e. “Consort Xuan, I’ve been troubling you for staying in King Xuan’s Manor for the past few days. Qianyue, come here!”

She turned to Hu Qianyue, and the latter understood what she meant. She immediately took out a small jewelry box and handed it to Mo Xuetong, saying with a smile, “Consort Xuan, Her Highness has long wanted to visit you, but we heard that you were unwell. We did not expect you to come to the palace today. So this gift is just a little token to show our gratitude to you.”

It was obvious that she had taken it out in a hurry as the jewelry box looked very ordinary, which made Princess Caifeng a little unhappy. Before Mo Xuetong reached out to the jewelry box, she put a hand on it. With a frown, she looked at Hu Qianyue. “Qianyue, don’t you bring that South Pearl necklace of mine?”

“Your Highness, we were in such a hurry to come and didn’t know that Consort Xuan would come to the palace…” Hu Qianyue whispered. Even though she spoke in a low voice, everyone in the hall was looking at her. It was hard not to hear their conversation.

Hu Qianyue knew that Mo Xuetong was about to enter the palace, but she sounded as if she knew nothing about it. Mo Xuetong knew that they were acting. Her eyes flashed and she smiled politely. “Princess Caifeng, you’re too polite. You’ve brought excitement to our manor when you lived in these few days. I haven’t thanked you yet.”

The South Pearl necklace? Could it be that she was thinking about the Empress Dowager’s necklace?

“How could it be? Consort Xuan, I’ve troubled you for so long by living in your manor. Now I have seen your stunning appearance, I like you very much. I really want to have a good relationship with you, Consort Xuan. I can’t let you suffer no matter what. How can I give such a gift to you?”