⚜ Unfortunately - Chapter 7 ⚜

Start from the beginning

"Sure, Amber...that's not very safe to pull his shoulder down..." She continued, I looked towards her arm and the pressure really got to me.

"I know what to do." She ignored but she needed to take Felicity's advice. Felicity just shrugged, took her purse and threw it to Justin.

"Nice throw there!" Justin smirked but you could tell he was about to spill his tea.

"Thanks, I practice my throws every day." She sarcastically said and took my leg and arm as if I was a baby. I could tell Amber and Felicity weren't cooperating so I just sighed.

"I can get it from here, Amber." 

"Oh okay then, Felicity, let's go." She happily stared at Felicity. Amber had a really sharp and dead stare that scares me as if she's gonna kill someone without even touching them.

"Wait no, it's okay. Felicity and I need to talk." I coughed, my voice was still painful but it was getting better.

"Fine." Amber stomped her way out, along with Justin.

"Thanks, it was a real pain having Amber pull me down!" I giggled off, she laughed along but with a small frown.

"What's up?" I looked at her.

"Nothing much..." She wiped her eyes.

"Just tell me, you're always dramatic." I rolled my eyes.

"Nah, but I'm all good, let's go!" She stood up.

"Ugh, Justin forgot to return my purse," Felicity whined. 

"No, it's here." 

"Thanks, haha." She smiled.

We just walked around because the class was about to end, the school was about to end actually so might as well walk around the hallways.

"So, are you going to Valentine's dance?" Felicity suddenly strikes a conversation.

"Um, I don't have Valentine's yet so probably no, what about you?" I just scratched the back of my neck in confusion because I never really considered to go to Valentine's dance, until now. 

"Valentine's dance is special though, the last event until senior year!" She cried out loud.

"Yeah but it's not like anyone would take me to dance." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah, why?" I confusing asked. I never went to Valentine's dance and I've asked a lot of girls in the past and the chance of me getting a cute girl like Felicity is like one in a million chances.

"Oh, for a nice guy like you, no one would reject you!" Felicity laughed off but it looked like she wasn't lying. I don't really know.

"Nah, I did ask out Destiny last year..." 

"Destiny! Bro, didn't you know she was already dating Lucas?" She smacked my back. I completely forgot about that, she and Lucas were the hot couple around the town because everyone shipped her.

"That's why I'm the talk of the town," I yelled out.

"We talked all about you during our sleepover." She laughed off. Makes me feel famous, you know?

"Of course, I'm amazing!" 

"You wish." She whispered.

Suddenly, we got stopped by a big, bulky teacher and it was of course...Mr Fletcher.

"Mateo! You're just the person I was looking for." He grinned.

"Hey." 

"Since you are the school most hardworking student, you have been selected for an academic camp with other students around this state to represent the state debate team!" 

"Oh my." I pretended to be surprised, this was the third year in a row that I went into the academic camp and we won the national titles for all 3 years.

"This is a good opportunity for you!" Felicity excitedly shouted into my ear.

"Yeah...I'll do it." I agreed.

"Wonderful-" 

"That's because I was carrying the team to victory 3 years in a row." I interrupted.

"Yes...that too. Anyways, fill in the slip and have a great day." He handed me a small booklet of information and I got the pen from my pocket and signed my name.

"That's a fancy signature, huh." Felicity peeked over.

"Yes, I like my signatures fancy with squiggles!" I smiled. Finally, my signature was recognised as fancy, others call it scrappy. I finished signing and looking over the pages then I just tugged on Felicity's hair as a joke and told her to keep on walking.

"That hurts!" She whined.

"Yeah, yeah." I giggled off.

"So, where were we in our conversation before?" She questioned me while fixing her baby hairs.

"Oh yeah, are you going to Valentine's dance?" I memorised the conversation.

"Oh...um, I wish." She looked so down. I didn't know what else to say.

"Are you sure you're not going?" I struck a small smirk.

"Why?"

"Because...Felicity Simons, will you be my Valentine's?"

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘 ⚜

--- AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi, it's Sal again. I just want to thank you again for reading this and for reading this far! I want to apologise for not posting consistently anymore because school recently started.

I might be taking a small break but until now, there are more stories to be told! :D <3