"Yeah, the victim had some blurred photos of the warehouse", you reply. "So, I went to check it out. It ended up being a popular place last night, apparently"

She leans against the wall beside you with curiousity, "Who were they? Did you find anything?"

You shook your head, "I didn't managed to see their faces through the dark", but then you pulled out the blood sample from your pocket, "At least, I managed to collect this off of one of the strangers"

Her brows arch in surprise,"How did you manage to get that? I can't believe they were willing to just let you take it"

You purse your lips for a moment. "It wasn't willingly, I may have shot one of them", you said reluctantly.

"You what?", she blurted out in disbelief as her eyes widen so big you worry they might not ever close again.

"It was a their fault for not listening to me", you say in your defence.

She calms a little, a smile lighting her eyes, "I don't doubt you did what you had to but maybe next time, don't let your temper gets the best of you"

"Can you just take it down to Soobin for me, please?", you asked as you pass her the sample as she nods.

"Sure thing, I've got to get going on my patrol soon anyway", Onda's smile turns mischievous, "I'm pretty sure my route goes past Rose's Bakery"

She then leaves with a spring in her step as you watch her go, with your stomach grumbling at the mention of pastries.

But you can't leave, until you're done with the paper works.

The rest of the morning passes slowly. The patrol finds nothing unusual, and all the reliable scouts around town (the elderly who just love to curtain-twitch whenever they get the chance) also haven't seen anything strange, nor any new visitors to Ulsan.

You slap down the phone you had been speaking to Onda on and run your hands over your face. Picking up the coffee you made myself a few minutes before, not having had a chance all morning, you gulp back a mouthful.

Then you almost spit it back out over the desk, gagging on the cold slop which fills your mouth. It takes all my strength to swallow it down, your face pinching together to force it past your tongue.

"What the hell this?", you yell, holding up the offending drink towards Seungmin through the glass partition.

He spins on his chair to face me through the window, glances at the drink, then shrugs. "The kettle's broken"

"And no one thought to tell me?"

"I just did", he replied with no amount of sarcasm.

You try to grumble through your anger and push yourself out of the chair to head to the small kitchen area. The red light on the kettle blinks at you like a heartbeat - a weak one. You lean down towards it, peering at the white plastic shell of the machine.

Because of the small annoyance from the young officer, you smacked your hand down on the top of the machine. It makes a whirring noise in protest to your beating, but still doesn't work.

You try again with a much stronger smack, but this time a jolt of sparks sprays from the back, so you retreat a few paces and knew this is the result.