And somewhere in the distance, two people were peeking at them from the woods.

"That lass Qingjiu probably won't defeat this girl!"

Huo Yingcheng smacked his mouth and let out a sigh.

They strolled there by chance and saw that the Third Company's Seventh Squad was training its recruits in the art of fighting.

When they saw Gu Qingjiu, it stunned Huo Yingcheng for a good while. He could not believe that in the brief span of ten odd days, Gu Qingjiu had undergone such a great transformation. If it weren't for her strikingly fair skin and the traces of the old Gu Qingjiu in her eyes, Huo Yingcheng wouldn't have thought it was her.

She wasn't like that ten days ago. How did she turn into a little beauty in such a brief span of time?

As Huo Yingcheng observed them, he saw that Gu Qingjiu and the other girl began fighting with each other, and it seemed like Gu Qingjiu was about to face defeat soon.

The sharp-eyed Huo Yingcheng could tell at one glance that Gu Qingjiu's opponent was an expert at taekwondo.

Although Gu Qingjiu's reflexes were quick, she was new to fighting and wasn't a match for her opponent, so losing was just a matter of time.

He Niancheng was next to him.

He trained his eyes at the duel. Shortly after, he saw Gu Qingjiu hit the ground and heard Chen Haoyang announcing that she had lost the duel.

"Embarrassing!"

He gently spat out this word. It bewildered Huo Yingcheng.

So what if she lost? How was it embarrassing?

However, within a few seconds, he heard He Niancheng speak in a cold tone of voice. "She's a talent that can be groomed."

That left Huo Yingcheng speechless.

Chapter 73: Free From Arrogance and Impetuosity

She's a talent that can be groomed?

Huo Yingcheng redirected his attention back to Gu Qingjiu in the distance.

Suddenly, an amusement struck him.

"Heh. Major-general, you mean you wish to groom her?"

He Niancheng neither denied nor admitted.

"Let nature take its course."

With that, he turned his head and began walking down the hill.

As one of his assistant commanders, how could Huo Yingcheng not understand what He Niancheng meant?

He meant that the lass Gu Qingjiu was a talent that can be perfected over time.

However, He Niancheng would help Gu Qingjiu advance only if there was a suitable opportunity.

It would depend on the lass's luck.

Despite that being the case, Huo Yingcheng still found this amusing. He let out a chuckle and then followed He Niancheng down the hill.

At the Third Company's Seventh Squad's training.

Gu Qingjiu, who Xie Ya had defeated, felt a fiery and painful sensation in her chest.

Xie Ya didn't attack to hurt or kill, so Gu Qingjiu didn't feel like her defeat was anything to grumble about. She didn't appear mad or anything as she returned to the squad.

Yu Bao'er, however, looked a little worried.

Gu Qingjiu knew what Yu Bao'er wanted to say and simply made an expression for the latter to relax.