Chapter 36

"Let me go, Dazai-san!" Atsushi-kun's voice rang through from the back of the truck as I groaned.

"Nope!" Dazai-san said said cheerfully.

"You two are going to start fighting with your special abilities again." Dazai-san said as I groaned again, leaning my head against the car seat.

"Have they still not called a truce while I was in coma?" I muttered to Kunikida-san who had his eyes on the road as he drove us.

I saw Kunikida-san smirk slightly.

"No, they haven't." Kunikida-san said as I rolled my eyes.

"But..." Atsushi-kun but Dazai-san started yelping in pain.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!" Dazai-san said as both Kunikida-san and I rolled our eyes.

"Please don't struggle so much. You're going to reopen the wound on my tummy." Dazai-san said as I groaned.

"Why is Akutagawa here for our retaliation mission to save our President?" Atsushi-kun asked.

I sighed. 

"Stop the truck." I said as Kunikida-san frowned but pulled over.

"Why?" He asked as I undid the belt.

"I didn't give the President and Mori-sensei an extra 24 hours so those stupid people in the back of the truck could argue and act like children." I murmured as Kunikida-san coughed, covering his laugh.

I walked over to the back but paused. 

"Because that's my plan." Dazai-san said as I hesitated.

In there, was Akutagawa.

I hadn't seen in since coming out of coma, I didn't have the time. He doesn't even know I was out of coma.

I sighed, Atsushi-kun told me that Akutagawa came to visit, very rarely.

"I'm going to have you two sneak into the enemy hideout together." Dazai-san said.

"The enemy base is in an old abandoned coal mine. It's several hundred kilometres wide. The interior is packed with sensors and traps to stop intruders." Dazai-san explained.

"Our main target is the gifted who controls the virus. Unless we can disable his special ability, both bosses die. We are grateful fro the extra 24 hours." Dazai-san said making me tense.

I reached for the door of the truck, wavering.

"Our secondary target is their leader, Fyodor." Dazai-san finished.

"Isn't that more of a reason to keep him out of such an important mission? Akutagawa's hatred for me is beyond reason!" Atsushi-kun exclaimed.

"There's no way the mission is going to pan out." Atsushi-kun said as I sighed.

I pulled the truck door open.

I looked inside to see Dazai-san sitting on a few briefcases, holding Atsushi-kun and Akutagawa by the collar.

"Which is exactly why I'm going with you." I said, climbing into the truck as my eyes met with familiar steel grey ones.

Akutagawa's expression turned shocked as he stared at me.

We all stayed silent as Akutagawa stared at me, and I stared back.

I offered a small smile.

"I'm alive." I said as Akutagawa surged forward.

Akutagawa leapt forward, ripping out of Dazai-san's hold as he hugged me.

I was taken aback, blinking in shock.