Chapter 25 (Dead Apple)

I leapt forward, blades in front of me as I tried to cut Rashoumon.

Rashoumon dodged, sending more tendrils of hardened black clothing towards me.

I deflected the attacks, blades clashing against Rashoumon. 

Through the haze of attacks, I saw an opening as I leapt back, wings snapping open.

Rashoumon's spikes slammed into the ground as I flapped my wings, sending myself towards Rashoumon.

My blades sliced against Rashoumon's side, however as I landed on the other side of the road, I saw there was no damage as Rashoumon turned back to me and sent more attacks my way.

I dodged and deflected. For minutes that's all did.

However, I was too slow as I saw one spike heading straight towards me.

I couldn't dodge as I felt it pierce my side, slamming into flesh.

I grit my teeth as I stumbled slightly.

"Y/n!" Akutagawa called out as I clenched my jaws.

Distracted, Rashoumon slammed Akutagawa against a wall as he slumped to the ground.

I raised both my blades and slammed them down on the spike piercing my side.

However, my blades were useless as they snapped.

Rashoumon sent more tendrils of darkness towards me, wrapping around me as it locked my arms to my side.

I clenched my teeth as Rashoumon came up to me and grabbed my neck.

I chocked as Rashoumon let go of my body, letting my hands go free as I clawed at the armoured hand grabbing my neck.

Dark spots were filling my gaze but suddenly, Akutagawa leapt up, slamming the metal pipe on Rashoumon's head.

There was no damage, however Rashoumon was stunned for a second, hands loosening on my neck.

I used that second to swing myself to the side, swiping as I kicked Rashoumon in the face.

The grip on my neck vanished however, I felt something else slam into me as I rolled to a painful stop.

My hand went up to the wound on my side as I tried to staunch the bleeding.

I ripped the sleeves of my jacket and tied it around my side.

The makeshift bandage was pathetic but it would have to do.

Rashoumon slammed into Akutagawa, sending him flying towards my direction.

I watched as he rolled to a painful stop, offering him a hand.

He scowled, refusing my help and stumbled onto his feet.

"How's your wound?" He asked as I shrugged.

"I'll live." I said.

I grabbed another two daggers hidden in my boots and passed one to Akutagawa.

"It doesn't do much but it's better than nothing." I explained as Akutagawa held the dagger awkwardly.

I almost laughed, "You don't have much experience with that, do you?" I asked as Akutagawa glared at me.

"I'm not an assassin like you." He spat as I glared back at him.

Suddenly, Rashoumon leapt forward, black spikes hurtling towards us.

We both leapt out of the way. Akutagawa leapt to the side as I beat my wings, rising into the foggy sky.