he forced a smile and looked at the floor, "that's... good"

no, it wasn't.

the three of you knew that.

kakucho might've only spent a few months with you and izana but he grew attached, you were nice towards him, and he loved being treated kindly, especially when it's you. the male grew up getting bullied, this was the first time someone was nice to him but the universe must've hated him so much for this to happen.

izana practically grew up with you, he trusted you more than himself, and he knew that if he was to lose control of himself you would be there. you always were but just like his family, you were going to leave him as well. the male didn't blame you, why would he? he had no reason to.

"i'm so sorry"

the tears that izana has been keeping inside him since the start finally fell, "you're really leaving?"

you nodded.

izana had never cried in front of you before and you never wished to see the day that he would. the white-haired male was silent as tears spilled from his eyes, he looked so... broken. he shook his head and covered his ears, turning away from you and kakucho.

why was this happening?

what did he do wrong?

so many orphans and they chose you?

why were they taking you from them?

so many questions, and so little time.

the familiar pang in his chest reminded him of when he found out he was never going to see his sister again but this was stronger, more prominent and he knew, this feeling would linger longer than the last time.

you took a glance at the clock and just in time, mirai came back up to get you, "let's go", she frowned at the sight of you standing between the two boys while they looked away.

you wanted to shake your head no but you couldn't.

izana wiped his face before turning back to you, "let's go!", then he grabbed your hand, dragging you downstairs.

a woman with shoulder-length black hair was patiently waiting by the door, she smiled and waved upon seeing you but you quickly looked away.

"good morning!" izana greeted the woman, tears started forming in his eyes as he approached her, your hand connected with his, "please... please take care of n/n"

you looked at him in shock, he was okay with it?

he wasn't.

it was this easy for him to let you leave?

it wasn't easy, he didn't want you to go but he couldn't do anything.

the woman gave him a soft smile and nodded, "of course"

the white-haired male then gave your hand to her, "take care of yourself n/n"

you shook your head and latched yourself to him, wrapping your arms around his neck tightly.

izana just smiled and patted your head before properly hugging you, "it'll be okay", he turned to the side and motioned for kakucho to come closer.

kakucho walked closer to both of you and joined the hug, sobbing against your arm.

mirai and the other woman just watched in pity as the three of you cried in each other's arms. this was certainly a heartbreaking sight.

you stayed in each other's arms for a few more minutes before letting go. if izana was okay with you leaving then you had no other choice but to leave.

the older woman smiled and extended her arm, you placed your hand in hers and looked back at the two, "bye-bye, i'll miss you two"

"we'll miss you too!" kakucho shouted, vigorously wiping his face with one hand and the other was up in the air, waving at you.

"mhm!"

they watched as you entered the car parked in front of the orphanage, you were looking at them from the inside, and you saw how izana's smile faded when the car started driving away.

he was putting up a tough act.

✦%

izana watched as the car drove further away from the orphanage, the pang in his chest became more unbearable once he saw the vehicle was nowhere to be seen anymore.

he and kakucho stood still in silence for a few moments before the white-haired male turned and walked away, the other male just followed, keeping his gaze on the ground.

izana stood in front of your bedroom's door and watched as kakucho walked away to his room before he entered your now vacant bedroom.

the pictures of the three of you weren't on the walls anymore, your f/c colored blanket wasn't neatly placed on your bed anymore, and your previously full closet was now empty but your scent lingered.

the white-haired male dropped to his knees after he closed the door.

he clutched the hem of his shirt as salty tears escaped his eyes and dropped to the floor.

this was so unfair.

edited.