four.

cw: character introduction, manga spoilers (ch

cw: character introduction, manga spoilers (ch. 175)

3 years have passed and just like you promised, you did spend izana's birthdays with him. happy was an understatement of how he felt every time you greeted him with a smile first thing in the morning.

seeing your smile every time he wakes up brought him some comfort, it was as if heaven sent you to replace his old 'family', though you kept on telling him family is irreplaceable, he didn't listen.

it was a normal day today, mirai had informed you and izana earlier that a new kid was dropped off. you were over the moon, a new kid?? one that isn't afraid of you?? HELL YEAH. izana however, seemed unfazed by this news and even told you not to get your hopes up, did you listen? psh, of course not, you're already 7! he can't tell you what to do!.

"whatever you say" izana patted your head, lightly chuckling at your unamused face.

mirai just shook her head at this, "now, you too go along, i'm gonna clean the table"

you nodded and gave her a big smile before hopping off of the tall stool you previously occupied, izana copying your actions, minus the smile.

"thank you for the food" izana said, not even bothering to spare the woman a glance before he grabbed your hand and led you to the rooftop.

mirai shivered at this, though she didn't know why, she kind of had an idea. when did that kid get so scary? eugh!

the white-haired male continued walking to the rooftop with you in tow, you were already used to getting dragged by this male.

'i wonder if the new kid is a girl'

when you both arrived, you noticed the door slightly open, which was weird since you always make sure to close it, izana took notice of this as well and hid you behind him despite knowing full well that you can protect yourself, you played along anyway.

izana walked towards the table you always used, none of the books there were touched, good, whoever trespassed was off-hook for now, then, he walked around the rooftop before you pointed at a kid.

"huh?"

the white-haired male tilted his head at this, he had never seen this kid before.

an idea sparked in your brain and even before izana could charge at the ravenette, you tapped his shoulder.

"what is it?"

"he might be the new kid they were talking about"

izana pondered for a moment before slowly nodding, "okay, i won't attack him"

you sweatdropped.

"that's a cool scar you got there" he tried a much less hostile approach.

those words sounded familiar to you.

"that's a cool tattoo you got there"

yep, familiar. very

the unknown ravenette perked up at this, slowly turning his head to look.

"what are you making?" izana ignored the glare he sent and asked.

there was a pause before he answered, "my parents grave...", he turned back to the pile of sand (or is it dirt?) and continued, "they died in an accident."

oh.

"i see..." izana seemed not to read the room and continued asking, "so that's where you got your scars?"

...

'ahahaha i think we should leave-'

"leave me alone..." the ravenette continued building the 'grave', "if you talk to me you'll get bullied too"

'okay nevermind i'm not leaving.'

all of a sudden izana kicked the pile of sand, you panicked and tried to pull him away, frantically bowing at the ravenette.

"HEY, WHAT THE HELL!?"

izana pried you off of him before grabbing the other male's collar, "forget about the people who died," then he placed the younger back on his feet, "they won't be around to protect you anymore," izana poked his chest, ignoring the fact that the other male was on the verge of crying, "you aren't worth anything, so no one is going to protect you." izana stared at him, his face void of any emotion, "do you get it?", he continued, "that's why i'll give your life a value"

'i don't think that's how it works-'

"from today on, i'll be your king. you be my servant" the ravenette looked down, izana placed one of his hands on the others' cheek and tilted his head upwards, "live as my servant"

then tears started streaming down the smaller's face.

shoving your hand inside your pocket, you rummaged to find something that you could give the male to wipe off the tears and snot on his face. after a few moments, you finally found a white handkerchief, mentally sighing in relief, you rushed towards them.

but of course, the universe just had to play with you.

just as you took one step forward, you tripped and fell flat on your face, both males snapped their heads to the side and immediately rushed towards you.

you sat up and rubbed your nose, nonchalantly bringing your hand to the ravenette's face and wiping his face with your handkerchief.

"ah! your nose is bleeding!"

"n/n! i told you to tie your shoelaces didn't i?! now look what happened!"

✦%

after that embarrassing scene, izana rushed you inside and helped you get cleaned, the ravenette just watching as he did so.

"next time, listen to me, okay?"

you just nodded.

"are you okay now?"

you turned to look at the ravenette and flashed him a smile, vigorously nodding your head.

"what's your name by the way?" izana asked as he took the seat beside you.

"...kakucho"

"i'm izana," he then pointed at you, "this is y/n"

edited.

ok i might be a bad student but at least you get updates on weekdays 🤪✌