t w e n t y f o u r

The last few months had passed quickly, the cold weather blowing away and making away for the crisp new weather of April. The twins birthday had also come and gone with only a few exploded dung bombs - because according to the boys, "it would be a waste of the anniversary of their entrance to the world not to".

Like most students within the castle, however, Persephone spent all her spare time studying across the castle. She practised potions in the dungeons, herbology in the greenhouses, and studied anything else in her father's office, in the library or spread across an old picnic blanket in the sunshine that cascaded through the trees next to the Black Lake.

Today though, she was seated within the Quidditch stand watching the Gryffindor teams last practice before the final between themselves and the Slytherin house. Next to her sat Poppy, the 6th year Hufflepuff prefect and Angelina's new girlfriend.

"They've been out there for hours!" exclaimed Poppy as she looked up at soaring broomsticks zipping through the glow of the Friday night dusk.

Persephone forced her eyes away from the textbook to gaze upwards, "yeah Wood's relentless".

They both paused to listen to him yell through the warm breeze, "FRED, GEORGE, PRETEND THAT THOSE BLUDGERS ARE THE FACES OF LITTLE MALFOY AND DADDY MALFOY AND WHACK THEM INTO AZKABAN."

Poppy widened her eyes and looked over at Persephone as they both giggled, "You can say that again."

Thankfully as she peered up, the team began to soar downwards, dismounting their brooms as they landed on the soft green grass of the Quidditch pitch. The last few evenings had been filled with hours upon hours of training sessions and countless discussions in the dressing room that involved Wood moving around a tiny Gryffindor quidditch team with his wand.

As he now knew that Persephone was no threat to his success, she was now allowed to sit in on these meetings when she felt like it, sitting in the back with a dusty textbook on her lap and one of Fred's hands placed gently upon her thigh. Despite this allowance though, he was very wary when she sat in and wrote any study notes, and checked her parchment before she left for any of his tactics or strategies despite Fred and George's disagreement with the process.

"Hey gorgeous," said Angelina as she bounded over to the two girls, her long mane of curls flying behind her. Poppy sprung to her feet as Angelina jumped over the fence that barricaded the audience from the pitch.

Persephone smiled as she watched the two greet each other after a whole two hours of being apart, before turning her attention to the sweaty redhead flying towards her.

"Fancy a ride?" questioned Fred, floating stationary in front of her.

Wood, who stood behind him, threw a quaffle at his head before Persephone had the time to respond, the ball bouncing off his forehead before landing among the seats, rolling to a halt at Persephone's sneakers.

"Oi!" exclaimed Fred, rubbing the spot of impact with gentle tenderness, "What was that for?"

"That was for suggesting that you wouldn't be going straight up to the common room. Tomorrow is the most important day of your life Weasley, act like it."

The whole group laughed at Wood's serious expression, contrasted with the scoff of indignation from Fred.

"Oliver, thank you for your confidence in me playing a smashing game tomorrow morning, but I have the confidence in myself that tomorrow won't be the most important day of my hopefully long life. I am trying to reserve that title for days such as, I don't know, maybe my wedding, birth of my children, the firey and painful death of Snape?"